• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Instrument Cluster

PFSlim

We are restoring our Cal Spec and had to bring a underdash harness over from a 68 donor car. When I first hooked up the headlights, I had headlights and tail lights and lights on my instrument cluster. As I have gotten other things to work, now my instruments only come on after a move the light switch to the overhead lamp position. The middle fuse on the fuse box (small fuse) has no power unless the switch is in the overhead light position. ???

Does anyone have any ideas? Everything else pretty much works on lights. ???

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I submitted this question on another forum and got a response back that it was my headlamp switch. That the switch as bad and needed to be replaced. I could not believe this as it was a new switch. I troubleshot everything I could think of and finally ordered a new switch.

Last night, I installed the new switch and everything works great. If anyone has a like problem, this may be your problem.

Paul