• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question about lifting front end

dragonkff

besides a 07 gt/cs, i also have a 1970 convertible. i just put a set of cragar wheels on the 70 15x8 front 15x10 rear. i have air shock on the rear so it is no problem, but the fron rubs when i hit the brakes. is there some way to lift the front end up a little or do i have to upgrade the suspension in front?
any help is appreciated

nfrntau

Does it have the original springs?
Is it a small block car?

Going to a higher spring rate spring or replacing with new if original might possibly solve your issue

rvrtrash

Do the spring spacers work? I was thinking of raising my front end just a tad. Casey

I have no idea. I remember the twist in style from the '70's and always thought they were hokey and threw them away when I'd buy a car with them in it. These look like they'd spread the load over the entire coil which would be better, but if it was me I'd just buy different springs. I realize the money to buy and have them installed is an issue for people though so offered a cheaper alternative. If I was to use these, I'd insert them into the coils though, not use them at the end of the spring like they say can be done.

Steve

franklinair

To do it right, new coil springs, possibly higher spring rate would be required. A day's job - if you have a coil spring compressor. NEVER do the spring replacement without one.

Neil