• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bumper Guards

franklinair

Here's my dummy question of the day: I see photos of all configurations -no bumper guards front or rear, fronts only, color keyed rears only. What determines the configuration? Years ago in FL it was a weakly enforced safety regulation to be equipped with bumper guards. The 6 or 8 prev. Mustangs I had, had them (all '67's & '68's). My current CS (from L.A.) has front & rear. Any documented guidelines?
Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

How confusing! My first Mustang (a '68 Coupe) bought from the original owner had F & R bumper guards. It was a later model '68 model as evidenced by the rear fender reflectors. It was an east coast built car, not San Jose. The dates of the factory build changes apparently have no real bearing.