• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 NOS Hood locks: What to pay?

classicsguy

What would be the maximum price you will pay for a pair of NOS Hood locks in their Ford boxes?
I would like to get a pair but do not want to overpay,they are often on E bay but I plan on attending the All Ford Nationals in Carslisle and I want to get an idea.

Thanks

GT/CS S Code

$?

From memory I think I paid $90.00 for my NOS set in the boxes, but that was about 2 years ago ...

Attachments

• NOS hood pins in the boxes 008.jpg
    NOS hood pins in the boxes 008.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 26

Ruppstang

I want a set too. I saw those on ebay for 199 too much for me. I would be willing to pay $110. I called a guy on a NOS hood molding, he wanted 200. This NOS suff is nuts!

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I want a set too. I saw those on ebay for 199 too much for me. I would be willing to pay $110. I called a guy on a NOS hood molding, he wanted 200. This NOS suff is nuts!

I saw the same ones on E-bay with that$199.00 starting price....believe its too much $$$

obwan93001

Hi all! Haven't been on here in a while but have been lurking around the past couple of days trying to get back into that CS frame of mind. Have been doing work on my CS lately and slowly getting back into the CS mindset. I found a great deal on local CL last week that included a pair of new, original hood fastners, these are the ones that NPD sells so are not NOS but the next best thing assuming that they were either mfg'd by the original supplier or by another mfg'r using the original tooling. There are the Scott Drake repops that are a little under $100 I believe which NPD offers as well.

So the deal I found was a local former CS owner who had an NPD gift cert for $150 he was selling for $100 and the hood fastners for $75. I offered him $150 cash and he took it and he even practially delivered them for me. :grin: He had to take his son to baseball games in the other side of the county so had to drive thru where I was on Saturday anyways.

I too had seen that NOS pair on ebay the other day but are out of my price range and budget. I did have an opp to purchase a pair of NOS for $125 about 2 yrs ago but didn't have the money at the time. Least now I can replace my old, pitted originals w/new ones, not building a concours CS so don't really need NOS. Plus you can't use the NOS boxes on your CS anyhow!

Best of luck finding a new pair, they do pop up on ebay and other places every now and then so just keep your eyes peeled and you'll have a pair soon enough!

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks for that very nice advice obwan!! I will be going to All Ford Nationals hopefully and find a pair of NOS hood locks for a decent price. Its wise to check E bay since they pop up from time to time.