• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A '07-'09 GT/CS Chapter in SVTOA?

P

PNewitt

HOW would the late model owners like having a dedicated GT/CS chapter within the SVTOA (SVT Owner's Association)??

Give the site a look, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/

I could set it up, and late model GT/CS owners could have a more focused organization to participate within.

I'll still register cars (along with Ron), but I think the activities and events would be better involved with SVTOA.

Your thoughts?? Would you like me to get that going?

thanks, Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

P.S. the reason I chose SVTOA, is because when I talked to the folks at Team Shelby, they told me that their club was for Shelbys only.

Not a problem--SVTOA is dedicated to all the other Mustang Variants (Saleen, Roush, SVT, etc...)

Since there are about 14K of the late model GT/CS Mustangs out there, I think this is a perfect venue for us.

-PMN

GTCS07

As a previous owner of 3 SVT vehicles I would say yes! Even though they are not the same as before I think they can keep the momentum going. I have a SVTOA decal on my car now actually.

franklinair

OK, I'll bite (pardon my ignorance). What's SVT?

Neil
(I've led a sheltered life)

joedls

I believe it stands for Special Vehicle Team. They produced, among other cars the Mustang Cobras.

I'm not really interested in belonging to SVTOA, but I'm not much of a joiner. I'm not much into organized clubs and all the politics involved. I'd much rather belong to our "loosey goosey" organization here. :wink:

J.Bart

i was told that svt( concerning 2008 mustangs ) covers only the gt500's, and that the 4.6 gt mustangs (including 08 gt/cs cars) were covered by ford racing, i guess i'm not understanding what this would do for gt/cs latemodel owners that they coudn't get right here?

GTCS07

i was told that svt( concerning 2008 mustangs ) covers only the gt500's, and that the 4.6 gt mustangs (including 08 gt/cs cars) were covered by ford racing, i guess i'm not understanding what this would do for gt/cs latemodel owners that they coudn't get right here?

It would be just another source for info, maybe a little more factory oriented even though they aren't part of Ford now. Plus they organize some shows and track events. A years membership came with my Lightnings and Cobra.

J.Bart

to me, i would feel out of place. svt is cobras and gt500's. svt had nothing to do with the gt/cs and i don't see how, or why they would concern themselves with the gt/cs owners. the 08 svt covers a complete different drivetrain. i'm a gt/cs owner, 08 and 68, i'm happy here and don't feel that svt groups would get the whole (gt/cs thing). i guess i'm content here.

wldpony

LOL I have alot of People asking if CS stands for Carroll Shelby, I just laugh and say no its CALIFORNIA SPECIAL
Guess I will check this out on SVT site.

J.Bart

Paul,
am i looking at this wrong? that what your proposing would further the gt/cs legacy? maybe i'm looking at it from the wrong angle. exposure for the late models would help the gt/cs to gain in probably all respects. this site i would still call home, but i guess everyone could use a summer cabin. lol......... Hey everybody, what do you think?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul,
am i looking at this wrong? that what your proposing would further the gt/cs legacy? maybe i'm looking at it from the wrong angle. exposure for the late models would help the gt/cs to gain in probably all respects. this site i would still call home, but i guess everyone could use a summer cabin. lol......... Hey everybody, what do you think?

There's about 14,000-plus late model GT/CSs out there, and I'd like to make available any and all venues for these owners to participate--as well as have a place to feel like home, er..."a summer cabin" (LOL!)...

I noticed on the site that they have a GT area, and the GT/CS fits within that niche'. it's all about who wants to partake in that venue. If there are some owners that would like to go to an SVT track event, they have a place to go to, and know that the GT/CS Registry has set up that place for them. There is a lot to be said for feeling like you belong somewhere...

I try to think of as many places as I can to give owners a place to enjoy their GT/CS. I am VERY appreciative, and yet concerned about the late model GT/CS owners--that I think have been getting a raw deal.

WE can do anything we want. It's just a matter of doing it. If you saw a Saleen blower on a GT/CS, then it was out on the track giving the GT-500s a hard time....what would be YOUR opinion??? Would the idea of "pride of ownership" come to mind???

PMN

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

ok i'm up for it, what do we need to do?

...funny you should ask...

Just today, I got an e-mail from SVTOA, and they want to talk me about a GT/CS Chapter...in fact, they seemed VERY interested... (uh-oh! LOL)

Give me about three weeks, and I'll have something very cool for you, and any and all interested late model GT/CS owners about what they have in mind. This could be very BIG.

I'll do my best for you...

Paul N.

hmmm....a SVTOA -- "Team GT/CS" for open track?

GTCS07

Sounds good to me. Let them know some events on the east coast would be good, maybe a track event at Lime Rock.

hotrodgrany

I believe it stands for Special Vehicle Team. They produced, among other cars the Mustang Cobras.

I'm not really interested in belonging to SVTOA, but I'm not much of a joiner. I'm not much into organized clubs and all the politics involved. I'd much rather belong to our "loosey goosey" organization here. :wink:

You are so right---Special Vehichcle Team, you know we are a special Mustang in our own rights, as I see it, just my opinion.

Last edited: