• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Site Slow??

BroadwayBlue

Is it just me or has the site been kind of slow lately? :confused:

Not sure if it's my connection from work or not - just curious if anyone else is having the same problem.

Rich

CJ

It has been slow in the Sacramento area. I too thought it was on my end, however other sites I access would come up rapidly.

CJ

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I'm not complaining just was curious to know if it was just me.

Sometimes it's fine and then trying to reply or bring up a new thread it just hangs to a crawl. No biggie.

Hey we hit a new high concurrent user total on Monday 1/23 of 65.
Maybe the site is getting too popular (NEVER!) :wink:

Perkchiro

I've noted the same thing. Both at work and home. I think it's the site because the DSL at work and Cable connections at home work fine on other websites. Maybe this is just a temporary problem since the site has begun the use of new software. Jon, what say you?
Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry about the performance lately. The slow down is coming from the server itself. I've been working with my host and it appears there has been some severe spam from other sites hosted on the same server which is taking up most of the resources. That's why the site is slow at times, but then fine a few minutes later.

They're trying to work it out, but have also offered to move us to another server. Unfortunately that's not a simple thing and could result in some downtime and unforseen fires I'd have to put out from my end. So I'm leaving it where it is for now with hopes they'll find and ban the spammers which will help speed the site back up.

To throw another wrinkle into it...as BroadwayBlue mentioned the site is getting more popular which factors into it also. It probably won't be long before I need to look at upgrading the hosting plan which means moving to a new server.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks for the update Jon!

I don't think it's to an unbearable point right now - my thought is to wait it out personally.

Server migrations can cause other problems potentially and it sounds like will make more work for you. I wouldn't tackle that until it gets real bad.

Just my 2 cents from an IT guy view. :grin:

Rich

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what happened with the recent attachments. As Broadway said they only seem to be lost from the last day or so. And new attachments seem to work fine.

I'll see if I can track it down, but it would probably be best if you re-attached any thumbnails that aren't showing up.

All of this is unrelated to the speed issue.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

admin said:
I'm not sure what happened with the recent attachments. As Broadway said they only seem to be lost from the last day or so. And new attachments seem to work fine.

I'll see if I can track it down, but it would probably be best if you re-attached any thumbnails that aren't showing up.

All of this is unrelated to the speed issue.

Hey Jon,
It's happening again. The really odd thing is it only seems to be Arlie's posts. Last time it was his too but I assumed I just couldn't find anyone else that posted pics that day. I noticed some of Jason's and other pics were OK but Arlie's are not showing up again. Not sure what could cause that.
Unless he was linking to pics on a website and they got moved. Not even sure we have that option in attachments:confused:

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I think we have a resolution - Arlie admitted in another post that he was cleaning house since he thought the topic was old.

He should know we recycle old threads all the time. :wink: