• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Fabulous Fords Forever - Knotts, 2013

tworings

Anyone planning on attending Fabulous Fords at Knott's this year? Sunday, April 21....

Lisa (Tworings)

whodat

I'll be at Ponies in the Park in Beaumont, Texas April 19,20,21st.
Anybody know what's the difference between Pony Corral and Display only at a MCA event. Also what's Conservator Class?

Ruppstang

The pony corral is most often where the cars for sale go. Display only is for the nonmember cars and those that do not wish to be judged. Non members can also go in Judges choice class but is for two years old and newer cars. Conservator class is for cars that have received enough gold or silver points to get their grill medalion. At that point they can decide to keep being judged or go in to this kind of retirement class where they get in to the show for half price and are honored with being parked together on the front row or inside if that is available and they are no longer judged.
Last weekend Tari and I went to Warshington DC to meet with a company called Motosho who is designing a online registration process that will include a intuitive classifaction. After you have found your class and checked out you will recive a email conformation with a QR code that you will carry with you to the show. When you arrive at the the QR code is scanned with a smart phone and all of you information will go wirelessly to Tari's show data base. Cool uh no more long waits at classifaction / registration. We will be testing the process this season.
See you at Beaumont
Marty

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Lisa, I'll be at Fab Fords this year. Not sure if I'll drive the Bronco out or just come sans vehicle, but I'll be there.

joedls

Sorry, I won't be able to make it this year. I will be in TX at a family reunion. Maybe I can make it to the show in Beaumont on Sunday.

Mustanger

I'm going to try to be there, if everything goes well ... I was really trying to have my car ready and painted for this show but the body/paint shop I had in mind was sold and a new owner and a different crew took over ... oh well, hopefully I can find another decent place here soon ...

OP
OP
T

tworings

Let me know if you're coming. We could meet at our usual place (Starbucks on Beach) and drive in together.

whodat

I had a good time. Learned a lot. Met Marty and met up with Arlie and two other California Special owners. There was family showing their 1966 HCS that had a J code just like mine in a town close to me. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366738680.246874.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366738707.299707.jpg Marty and I.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366738798.305533.jpg My son sitting in the car prior to the event.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366738875.086173.jpg The other GT/CS 390.

Ruppstang

It was great meeting you and Arlie. I wish I would have had more time to visit. I hope to see some of our west cost family at the Reno NV. MCA show June 7-!0th

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Are we talking about the same show? The one at Knott's Berry Farm in CA this last Sunday? If so I didn't see any of you!!!

whodat

I should've created a different thread for Ponies in the Park.