• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Color of power steering pump

PB gtcs

Folks,

I have two "original" power steering pumps. One ford blue, other black. What color should it be for our car?

Brian

66joej

I believe it depends on when your car was built. Mine was built May 15/68 and came with a blue pump. I was told Ford bought P/S pumps in bunches from a supplier and sometimes they were blue and other times black.
Joe

bish

I've been told by an MCA judge it's supposed to be blue. I believe NPD carries the correct color.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=bish link=board=1;threadid=1018;start=0#msg5696 date=1090262534]
I've been told by an MCA judge it's supposed to be blue. I believe NPD carries the correct color.
[/quote]

Mine is blue too, but it's a different shade than the engine. Wierd, It's got a grey tint to it. I know it's the original and has never been painted though.