• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Road Trip Weirdness

Mosesatm

Pulled into the Wichita Marriott to check in and look what was in front of me!

Attachments

• Wichita Marriott.jpg
    Wichita Marriott.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 94

Mustanglvr

How cool!!! Did you have any interesting conversation with the owner?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

How cool!!! Did you have any interesting conversation with the owner?

Nope. I tried but couldn't find the owner.

I also passed at least a half dozen late-model Mach 1s heading South out of Dallas as I was heading North out of Houston. I had never seen one before today, then I saw 6 in the span of a couple hours!

On top of all that, in OKC there was a beautiful '66 coupe coming out of Home Depot, pulling a trailer filled with landscaping equipment!!! Somehow I don't think that's something most people do with their restored Mustangs.

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as weird.

franklinair

Arlie-
Great looking haircut. Bet you never looked better.:grin:

Neil

P.S.
Happy motoring.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Arlie-
Great looking haircut. Bet you never looked better.:grin:

Neil

P.S.
Happy motoring.

That's what 4 years in Houston does to a Northerner. I'm just thankful the surgery fixed most of it!

Back in God's country tonight; Billings, Montana!!!

Next stop, Spokane/Post Falls. Need to see if there really is a GT/CS in a restaurant or if it's just an urban legend.

Diesel Donna

I'm jealous. I need a road trip.
Hoooo weeeee I go to Beverly Hills tomorrow and Oakland next week.

PFSlim

Arlie

You will have to tell us how much money you have spent in gas to drive the GT/CS that far. By the way, that is amazing that you are taking that big of a trip with the car. I just caught up with this thread and did not realize you were out. Please let us know total miles driven for the trip.

Paul

rvrtrash

I just got in late last night from a week on the river. Sadly, there is no longer a GT/CS in a restaurant, but I can take him to the "crime scene".

Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Paid a visit to Steve today. For those of you who haven't seen his white GT/CS with red stripes in person, believe me, you're missing a real treat! It is beautiful!!! I was almost embarrassed to park my bug-splattered heap next to it. And most of us would kill for his shop!

He was also gracious enough to help me with a little coolant leak issue I developed. It seems the mechanic that replaced the evaporator valve forgot to tighten the clamps on the heater hoses and they finally worked loose. Seeing neon green all over an engine compartment is a very disturbing sight.:icon_pani This was an easy fix, though.

2500 miles so far @ around 17mpg @ 75mph @ roughly $4.00 per gallon.

Attachments

• Steves Car.jpg
    Steves Car.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Diesel Donna

HEY ARLIE!!! Who's watching Abby and Nani???? :eek:

Are you coming down through California on your way back home?

rvrtrash

It was truly a pleasure to finally meet you in person Arlie, and don't worry about the bug splatters. They wash off but an epic trip lives on forever! :grin: I hope you can stop by on your way back. I still owe you a lunch.

Steve

HappyHour

Nice! Im hoping to drive my CS up from LA to SF next week with a small stop in Santa Barbara.
Was just wondering how many tanks it would take! Hope nothing "works it way loose" either. (Crossing fingers)

Diesel Donna

Nice! Im hoping to drive my CS up from LA to SF next week with a small stop in Santa Barbara.
Was just wondering how many tanks it would take! Hope nothing "works it way loose" either. (Crossing fingers)

Two tanks Robert! I'm going to Oakland on Monday but I'm taking I-5 to 152 and over to 101. Wanna race?

HappyHour

Sure, you driving your CS? Last person buys Gilroy garlic fries at 152\101 interchange?? :grin:

Wow you know its bad when your CS gets better mileage on a full tank than your other car. I need to go buy some eco-credits or plant a tree.

Diesel Donna

Sure, you driving your CS? Last person buys Gilroy garlic fries at 152\101 interchange?? :grin:

Wow you know its bad when your CS gets better mileage on a full tank than your other car. I need to go buy some eco-credits or plant a tree.

Naw...driving the work truck, 18 wheeler, so I will be the last person getting to Gilroy. You know how it is...zero to 60 in fifteen minutes. But once I have 'er wound up...look out! :grin:

Arlie wanna go to the bay area?