• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

67 and 68 Taillights

Mosesatm

In my nonstop search for the perfect GT/CS I've run across a couple clones that have '67 Shelby taillights. Does anyone know if the GT/CS taillights will fit in a '67 Shelby taillight panel? I always thought the '67 lights were non-symetrical.

68sunlitgold

Your are correct, they will not fit the '68 tail light panel becasue of there shape.
Doug

P

PNewitt

The '65 T-Bird taillights, used on the GT/CS (and '68 Shelby), will NOT fit into a '67 Shelby taillight panel, because the '67 Shelby taillight assemblies are actually from a '67 Cougar (minus the chrome trim). The Cougar lights have a taper to the shape, and are smaller at the outside ends.

Interesting note--Shelby originally wanted to use the '65 T-Bird taillights on the '67 Shelby, but Ford didn't have enough of them available--so they had to make panels for the Cougar lights instead, since it was a '67 Ford (Merc) part readily available.

Paul N.