• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Black CS on Ebay straight from "THE" CARROLL SHELBY FACILITY but.............

390cs68rcode

Black CS on Ebay straight from "THE" CARROLL SHELBY FACILITY but.............

You would think they ("THE" CARROLL SHELBY FACILITY) would have at the very least gotten the fog lights correct.

internet hype.

gt bandit

GEE IF THIS IS THE SHELBY resto standard , the remind me never to go there for any work !!

The overflow bottle job is Kinda agricultural , even for an Aussie!!

Not for me

TheBlkPearl

Yikes Stripes

I'm not an expert but I have never seen gold stripes on a CS.........

somethingspecial

You have to admit Tim, Black with Gold stripes is one nice combo. If I didn't know better, It looks like your car up there. Mike

Diesel Donna

I had never seen one with Tim's combination before and it is outstanding!

P

PNewitt

Just a few things that I noticed:

Hood Locks too far up the hood, and twisted too far.

Wrong Fog lights, and no original fog light switch (lighted toggle shown)

The script--on the fenders and decklid (Mustang) looks out of place in all three places.

Calif Special Script, and the side reflectors look a little out of place.

The under-the-hood shot doesn't show whether there are hood lock retainers or not, and whether the hood bumpers are at the front fender bolt locations.

Something strange attached to the left bolt holding on the solenoid (retro fog ground?)

Screws holding on the side scoop screens look way too big (the heads of the screws).

This car makes me nervous. A definate candidate for a Marti Report.

--my immediate two bits:

Paul N.

Last edited:

hicountrybob

PNewitt said:
Just a few things that I noticed:

Hood Locks too far up the hood, and twisted too far.

Wrong Fog lights, and no original fog light switch (lighted toggle shown)

The script--on the fenders and decklid (Mustang) looks out of place in all three places.

Calif Special Script, and the side reflectors look a little out of place.

The under-the-hood shot doesn't show whether there are hood lock retainers or not, and whether the hood bumpers are at the front fender bolt locations.

Something strange attached to the left bolt holding on the solenoid (retro fog ground?)

Screws holding on the side scoop screens look way too big (the heads of the screws).

This car makes me nervous. A definate candidate for a Marti Report.

--my immediate two bits:

Paul N.
FYI, this car is in the '96 registry. HC Bob here.

P

PNewitt

Hi Bob,

(In general) As I've said before, and at the beginning of the Registry pages, the cars listed, are done so without any guarantee of complete authenticity. Just because it's been listed in the 1989 and 1996 GT/CS Registries, it is not grounds for complete authenticity. So--look for the Marti Report (or orig. paperwork and build sheet, invoice, etc.) when buying a GT/CS.

Before the advent of the "Marti Report", I relied on people's honesty; or at least their knowledge of authenticity.

I don't have the luxury of the Shelby access to records like SAAC, nor do I have access to Ford's records--which is exclusive to Kevin Marti--at great cost.

We couldn't get all the VIN numbers, so, we're kinda on our own. I will include a column of those cars with Marti Reports that authenticate a true GT/CS or HCS in the new Registry.

Paul.

case12

Nice looking car. If authentic, a few small mods could make it even more nice. As for Shelby - he will sign anything for $200, and it all goes to his children's heart foundation. I have a "Shelby" signed GT/CS - I had him sign my visor. :smile: I also have a couple of dash plaques he signed for the local Shelby show - I get those free each year (well, for the $20 price of admission to show my car). Casey

Attachments

• Shelby Signed Plaque.jpg
    Shelby Signed Plaque.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 33

Perkchiro

Casey: Does that plaque mounted on your roll up door make the door inoperative? Or is that just temporary?

Steve in Missouri

case12

I save all those cheap refrigerator magnets that are sent in the main. I then glue them to the back of all my car show dash plaques, and put most of them on my tool chest. This one I put on the roll-up door for looks (it is magnet on back, so can be moved when needed). Casey

68gt390

Not real impressed with this one. Seems they could have done a much better job under the hood on this car and under the bottom as well. Those fog lights are just plain ugly.

Don :rolleyes: