• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

new intake and carburator vs stock

CS68

I was thinking about replacing my stock carburator and the intake from my CS. what do you think is a good thing or is better to keep it all stock. I have two of those edelblock 600 carbs and the intake. my original carburator works fine but I kind of think that by replacing the carb and intake it will give me more responce.

OP
OP
C

CS68

I want my car to be more reliable, now it is reliable but I think that I need more reliability.

Mustanger

Try what Shelby had...

You might want to consider trying what Shelby had: a Cobra intake manifold and a Holley. It will be an improvement over the stock Autolite 2V carb and cast iron manifold and can be considered "period correct" if you select the appropriate model/part numbers.

jk89cat

Mosesatm said:
Have you considered EFI?
mine is in the works, i almost have everything needed . the cougar giving up its stock injectors due to me going wild with it , just will need a couple sensors and some wiring work .

hookedtrout

Mustanger said:
You might want to consider trying what Shelby had: a Cobra intake manifold and a Holley. It will be an improvement over the stock Autolite 2V carb and cast iron manifold and can be considered "period correct" if you select the appropriate model/part numbers.

Interesting comments, I have heard numerous times that the Autolite 2V carb is probably the best carb ever built, by anyone, completely bullet prof will run with the top completely off, little to nothing that can go wrong.

Cory