• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

? for those who have purchased grill paint

C160223

A quick question for those have have purchased DDL 32930 grill paint. Did you get it in a spray can, ready to use, or in bulk and have to add reducer/hardner and spray through a gun? If you got it from a spray can, what was the level of gloss when paint dried? Gloss, semi-gloss, eggshell or flat?

I will be going to local paint store to have paint mixed up and want to make sure paint is not too glossy. Not sure if paint formula has flattner added or if I need to have flattner added to get the desired sheen. Looking for a semi-gloss look.

franklinair

I believe it is available thru several Mustang vendors in aerosol.

Neil Hoppe

Mosesatm

I believe it is available thru several Mustang vendors in aerosol.

Neil Hoppe

I puchase the ''67 styled steel wheel paint. It is supposed to be the same color. It's fairly transparent, though, so it helps to spray everything black first then use the charcoal.

NPD has a '70 dark charcoal aerosol but I'm not sure if that's the same color.

Perkchiro

I had mine mixed at a local auto paint store into a shaker ball can. Have them add some flattener to it. Mine worked great.

miller511

Getting ready to re-do/repaint my grille and sills, too.
Anyone have an answer to what the final finish should be? Glossy, Flat, etc? Has anyone done a base coat/clear coat?
Thanks, Jeff

franklinair

Satin. Not gloss or flat. The NPD dark charcoal aerosol will do the job.

Neil