• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS & HCS Window Decals Ready 4U!

Rob

It was vwery difficult to cut the reflective tape around the circle of the decal. As you know the decal comes on a square sticker and I had to cut it out freehand. I am not that good at that. Then I had to cut the reflective tape frehand. It leaves for some un even edges. To hid the edges a little, I installed some 1/8 inch white pinstripe on the inside of the decal.

This of course is freehand too. It's not perfect, but it will have to do.

Here's some pic's of it withy the pin stripe.

case12

Nice job. Glad it worked out. Looks like you did pretty much the same thing I did. The pinstripe is a nice touch. Casey

Rob

To be honest with you, I am not real happy with my results.

The reflective tape has a tinfoil effect. The pic's make it look worse that it really is due to the flash.

I may order another decal and try this:
Apply WHITE tape to the back of the decal.....BEFORE I CUT IT OUT.

The white tape will not have the "foil" look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I think what people have used is the (silver) 3M reflective tape, that is more opaque, and not foil-looking at all.

The white tape will work, too.

And yes, you should cut it out after the tape has been applied. I would use an X-acto knife, and some sort of template, like that roll of tape in your photos, or something that is just over 3 inches in diameter.

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Rob!!

WOW! That looks perfectly fine!! Great job. Sorry it took all that work, but I think your documenting it here will help other late model owners.

In meantime, I'll eventually get to making better decals that are more opaque. But--the book comes first, and then we start making the fun stuff for our cars.

Thanks!! I bet you're glad that you made it work. You'll be getting comments and questions now from other Mustangers and gearheads like us as to what the registry is all about (then you send them here)...

Paul N.

green56

paul have you sent out the decals for 68 GT/CS. Just waiting for mine i know you said that you were getting some made?

73pony

2007 GT/CS registry decal

Paul, What info do you need me to send you besides the $10 to get a decal for my 07 GT/CS? Thanks for running this site and all your doing. I greatly apperaciate it.
John (73pony)