• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MN weather, paint colors and misc ramblings. :)

Mustanglvr

68gt390 said:
Arlie;
At least it's not winter. Enjoy.
Don :grin:

I was going to say the exact same thing. Here in Minnesota its been pretty nice. It was warm the other day in the 80`s and today it was a cool 50 degrees with a little rain here and there. I suppose you`ll be flying right over us, lol. If you get this way Arlie, make sure you stop by.

Stacey Enderle

CS in the same neighborhood?

390cs68rcode said:
I heard there was a CS up there that has had a color change.

I wonder who's CS is getting a color change,...mine is still that candy apple red. It's going to need some paint retouch. I don't know if that could be pulled off, since the paint is original and I'm sure the shade has changed abit from aging.

Stacey

rvrtrash

A good automotive paint supplier will have a scanner that can read your paint and print out a formula to match it, and they can then mix up some touch up paint for you. Make sure the car is clean and all the oxidation is removed first so when you do wax the car it'll match the touch up paint.
Steve

Stacey Enderle

Touch up paint job needed

rvrtrash said:
A good automotive paint supplier will have a scanner that can read your paint and print out a formula to match it, and they can then mix up some touch up paint for you. Make sure the car is clean and all the oxidation is removed first so when you do wax the car it'll match the touch up paint.
Steve

Thankyou for the advice! I really didn't want to repaint that car, since I wanted to keep the original paint job on it. In order to scan the paint on the car, should I run it through a car wash first? I know this is a silly question.

Stacey

rvrtrash

You should wash the car so it's clean but never use a car wash with the brushes that touch your car. That's a sure way to get scratches, broken antenna's, broken mirrors, bent grills, etc. The ones you do yourself with the spray wand are ok and the new "No touch" ones probably but I prefer spending a half hour in my yard with a bucket of liquid soap, a sponge and a chamois.
Steve

Stacey Enderle

Ohhhhhhhhhh dear LOL

BroadwayBlue said:
You can wash all those cars in a half hour? Your hired!! :grin:

I'm afraid I work at a turtle's pace, I be lucky just to get mine done,...<tuckered out,...flop on ground> waving white flag.:eek: :eek: :surrender

Stacey

rvrtrash

BroadwayBlue said:
You can wash all those cars in a half hour? Your hired!! :grin:

Oh God, I wish! I usually do the old ones one day and my daily drivers the next. The worst one is my F250 Diesel. The thing seems almost as big as my house.:grin:

Steve

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

marie68csmustangs said:
Please let us know when you will be moving to the new server John.. Rhonda please send some cooler weather to CA it's been pretty hot here over 100 for a couple of days aready.. :torch: Ouch..

Marie

:eek: Gee Marie, thats sounds HOT! Its been in the 70`s and 80`s here for the past week. I`ll try to send some cooler weather your way!:wink:

marie68csmustangs

Thanks Rhonda :)) Yeah, It was 104 one day.. Now, it's a little more tolarable a cooler 92! But, I do like the 80s :)) that would be just right!! I would have to drive another two hours west or another hour east and then it will be cooler.. It's a little cooler where Tim lives.. :))

Marie

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Yeah, Tim`s a cool guy from what I can tell. You are lucky to be such good friends. :)

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, Rhonda - I'm lucky that I am friends with Tim.. I have known Tim and His family for many years.. They treat me like I'm one of the family..

Marie

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry if this thread is confusing, but I just moved all these out of the "Site Maintenance" thread. I split them off because the replies kept bringing that post back up and people were thinking the server move was still in the works. (It's been done for almost a month now)

P

PNewitt

Yeah, Hey, Jon! Smooth transition! This Mini Cooper site is fantastic!

Paul

Diesel Donna

rvrtrash said:
Oh God, I wish! I usually do the old ones one day and my daily drivers the next. The worst one is my F250 Diesel. The thing seems almost as big as my house.:grin:

Steve

Yeah this post/thread got me all tangled up...hahaha was gonna reply to one..then another...so I'll just say that I'd rather wash a Mini-Cooper than my F350 or ambualnce any day. And oh yeah , it was 118 degress today and the electricity went out twice. So I vent and yumped in da lake! :grin:

~~~~Svenska Flicka Donna

John McGilvary

Diesel Donna said:
Yeah this post/thread got me all tangled up...hahaha was gonna reply to one..then another...so I'll just say that I'd rather wash a Mini-Cooper than my F350 or ambualnce any day. And oh yeah , it was 118 degress today and the electricity went out twice. So I vent and yumped in da lake! :grin:

~~~~Svenska Flicka Donna
118 sounds hot. Did you jump off the London Bridge?

Diesel Donna

John McGilvary said:
118 sounds hot. Did you jump off the London Bridge?

No John, we're not allowed to do that! The water is too shallow there, and too many boats!

I jumped in right off my deck. I can't wait until all these weekend warriors go home and I can have my calm lake back again.