• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Argent taillight panel

Hi,
I would like to know why I have seen some GT/CS's with a body color taillight panel and some colored argent. It has been bugging me. Thanks!

Dave

Russ

People paint the rear panel silver to look like a Shelby. The GT/CS came with a panel that was the color of the car. I know of no exceptions. Russ

BrandonB

Mine is silver but it looks chromed does that mean its not the original peice? I'm assuming your talking about the peice that holds the red lenses and stretches all the way across the tail and has the gas cap go through it right? sorry I'm really bad with cars =(

68sunlitgold

BrandonB,
Yes and No...it should not be chrome, you may be talking about the bezel. It does go around the lenses, and is chrome, and the tail panel is fiberglass and covers the entire back of the car.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes the bezel is chrome, but the taillight panel is not:

hcs-rear2.jpg

BrandonB

Yea thats what mine looks like thanks guys especialy for the pic =)