• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

PonyGal

Renee',
I really can't offer my personal opinion, We have never met. I do know there are those on this site that think you are hot. There are all those comments about fire. Oh I get it! GT-CS hot car!!! Can't wait to see you drive it. I am sure it will be smoken. Marty

Marty, I am looking forward to meeting you in Seattle next July. I won't have my car there since it is a bit to far to drive it, but I'll be there for sure!! Looking forward to once again getting together with the "family"!!

Midnight Special

...I hope Cory, Trina & Jace can make it. 'It can be another opportunity for a grand "book" signing, plus I'll actually get to sit & visit with everyone as opposed to running around putting out fires ;-)

Jace is a phenomenal and talented young man whom I could easily adopt :)

hookedtrout

...I hope Cory, Trina & Jace can make it. 'It can be another opportunity for a grand "book" signing, plus I'll actually get to sit & visit with everyone as opposed to running around putting out fires ;-)

Jace is a phenomenal and talented young man whom I could easily adopt :)

Thanks for the wonderful comments. We will see what we can do, we have plans to take a trip to Florida to visit some family down that way so it will hinge on when that takes place and how much time off I can get, if the economy is nice enough to spare me, who knows. Jace wants to fly somewhere so bad he can't stand it so I figure a trip to Florida should cure that...well maybe not he won't have all the luggage and arrangements to worry about, I hate flying because of all the BS you have to go through.

robert campbell

I will need to collaborate with Amy on the best place to stay. The event centers on Bellevue Community College basically due East of Seattle across the 520 bridge. The Sunday show is the big participant choice show. Saturday is the concurs show.

I live about 1 hour from Seattle in Bremerton, and if we do my lake property it is about 40 minutes due west of Bremerton past a small town called Belfair. So, all in all, where ever we would meet we should start early afternoon on Saturday if we intend to enjoy ourselves for any length of time. For those who will enter a car in the Sunday show, this will leave time for some cleaning at one point or another.

Anyway, here is the link to the 2010 show. Track time on Thursday. Pony Trails on Friday, which is a great way to tour the NW.

Maybe Friday is a better day for my party? I am totally ok with any of the 4 days. I want to find the best time that we can sit down and just visit! Crashing at the cabin is ok. If at my house, there are close hotels. But from Bremerton back to Seattle is a bit of a drive.

Rob

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.com/page15828.asp

Ruppstang

Marty, I am looking forward to meeting you in Seattle next July. I won't have my car there since it is a bit to far to drive it, but I'll be there for sure!! Looking forward to once again getting together with the "family"!!

I am looking forward to meeting you as well. I have all ready met your GT-CS. I judged it twice when Paul owned it. It is a real nice car! See you and family soon. Marty

Ruppstang

We are planning on staying at the Quality Inn at 1850 southeast maple vally in Renton.
Rob is that any where near you? If there is a better choice near you let us know. Marty

Mosesatm

We are planning on staying at the Quality Inn at 1850 southeast maple vally in Renton.
Rob is that any where near you? If there is a better choice near you let us know. Marty

If any of you are Jimi Hendrix fans and you have some extra time you may want to check out his memorial at Greenwood Memorial Park, in Renton.

Attachments

• Hendrix Close up.jpg
    Hendrix Close up.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 38

robert campbell

Marty,
Renton is a short drive up the freeway (I-405) to the Mustang Roundup. About 1 hour from where I am.

I appears that most people will center on a weekend for the visit. With alot of people coming in on Friday, I think it is best that I plan for any gathering we (I) have for Saturday afternoon. This would allow a chance to go to the concurs show in the morning and then we can meet Saturday afternoon.

I am commitied to having a party and barbeque, but on Saturday night the Mustang Roundup event is having a Northwest traditional salmon cook going on close to the show and on Lake Washington. Hard to beat that, but normal stuff for the NW people attending.

But I would love to have you my way for some mouth watering Texas, Clay River style, briskett done for 24 hours over apple wood.

So to fit everyone the best, Saturday early afternoon would be best for my barbeque. Then we have the show on Sunday! As most are here for the Sunday show, I would stay in the Seattle area.

Rob

limelyt

Marty,
Renton is a short drive up the freeway (I-405) to the Mustang Roundup. About 1 hour from where I am.

I appears that most people will center on a weekend for the visit. With alot of people coming in on Friday, I think it is best that I plan for any gathering we (I) have for Saturday afternoon. This would allow a chance to go to the concurs show in the morning and then we can meet Saturday afternoon.

I am commitied to having a party and barbeque, but on Saturday night the Mustang Roundup event is having a Northwest traditional salmon cook going on close to the show and on Lake Washington. Hard to beat that, but normal stuff for the NW people attending.

But I would love to have you my way for some mouth watering Texas, Clay River style, briskett done for 24 hours over apple wood.

So to fit everyone the best, Saturday early afternoon would be best for my barbeque. Then we have the show on Sunday! As most are here for the Sunday show, I would stay in the Seattle area.

Rob

I thought it would be petty cool to see a whole bunch of GT/CS cars but briskett.....this will be GREAT!!!!!!

Gary

robert campbell

I thought it would be petty cool to see a whole bunch of GT/CS cars but briskett.....this will be GREAT!!!!!!

Gary

Last one I did was 25 pounds and I cooked it for about 26 hours over apple wood. Spray it down with apple cider every hour and leave it alone the rest of the time!!! Drink beer, watch, and smell the wood fire meat!

Cut it with a fork!!!

Rob

limelyt

Last one I did was 25 pounds and I cooked it for about 26 hours over apple wood. Spray it down with apple cider every hour and leave it alone the rest of the time!!! Drink beer, watch, and smell the wood fire meat!

Cut it with a fork!!!

Rob

you deal with the cooking....I'll bring down Molson Canadian Beer. I guess I will find out if me and Cndy (the better half) can sleep it off in the car.

Gary

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

SAT for the BBQ.

The dinner hosted by my club is expensive- $40 a plate, and I'd rather be with my CS peeps.

Hotels? I'll look into that. Anything in Seattle is close to I-90 which is the road to Bellevue College and the Sat/Sun shows. Plus we usually meet at the college for the Pony Trails and go somewhere using I-90.

The Embassy in Bellevue is what my club suggests for this event. Renton is far away, Maple Valley is far. I'll go look online. BRB.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

For those of you that like the Marriot-

Courtyard-Seattle Downtown
925 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 (206) 213-0100

This one is across from Lake Union, and a hop away from the ferry terminal to Rob's, plus easy access to freeways. Not in the hub of downtown Seattle, and close to the funky town of Fremont. Starbucks, good restaurants on the water.

Mosesatm

For those of you that like the Marriot-

Courtyard-Seattle Downtown
925 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 (206) 213-0100

This one is across from Lake Union, and a hop away from the ferry terminal to Rob's, plus easy access to freeways. Not in the hub of downtown Seattle, and close to the funky town of Fremont. Starbucks, good restaurants on the water.

Don't forget to check out the Fremont troll.

franklinair

I just made my reservation @ the Embassy Suites-Belleview (since that is the host hotel for the show). Should arrive Thurs, 7-15. Saturday I'm planning on eating Rob out of house & home, Sun for the show, return home on Monday the 19th.

Neil