• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bumper "sealant"???

Sarge

Got an easy question: I took my rear bumper off to have it re-rolled and re-chromed. Should get it back Monday. In taking the brackets off that connect the bumper to the body, there is this "blackish" semi soft stuff between the body of the car, and the brackets. I'm sure it is some kind of sealant so that water doesn't get in the trunk, but not sure what it is, where to get it, or how to use it (does it need to "set up" before I reattach the bumper bracket)? I'm sure several of you folks know about this, but please enlighten me, as I would rather do it correct the first time.
Thanks, Robert

rvrtrash

I went to Napa Auto parts and bought a tube of body caulk sealant, at least it was called something like that. Works in a regular caulking gun. I used white instead of black though because my car it white. I ran a bead around the holes where quarter extensions, bumpers, etc. go through and installed immediately.
Steve