• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lucas fog light problem

TraveledGTCS

Hi all,

I've got a problem with the Lucas fog lights on my special and hope to get some help or direction where to start. The fog lights come on when I turn on either the parking or headlights. They didn't before and the only thing I had done on it was the engine compartment repainted recently. I don't think they changed the wiring harness any, but I wanted to check here in case anyone else had a similar problem. I've checked the latest GT/CS book and it shows the connections to the wiring harness and the switch but no other details. I plan on taking it to the shop to have them fix it, but I would like to have some documentation in case they get stumped.

Thanks for any ideas,

Bill

Mosesatm

Bill,
Might the person who painted the engine compartment disconnected some wires to keep from getting paint on them, and then reconnected them incorrectly?

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

That's what I'm thinking but I wanted to have documentation to verify how it needs to be hooked up.

Bill

Ruppstang

If you plug the marker light plug in to the fog light that will happen. The plugs are the same. My dad did that on his HCS and it took me a bit to figure it out.
Hope that fixes it, it is a easy fix:smile:

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

Marty,

That may be the problem. I just went out and turned on the lights, head, parking & fog, separately and the marker lights didn't come on. I'll mention that to them when I take it to them.

Thanks,

Bill

rvrtrash

Bill,
If the shop you go to can't figure it out, and you're not in a hurry, I'll be in that area in the middle of June. I'd be happy to help you get it straightened out.

Steve

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

Marty,

The fog/marker light mismatch was the problem. I did the driver's side and it solve that side's problem. Now to do the other, but I'll need to back it out of the garage and it's starting to drizzle here so I shall wait until later.

Bill

Steve, sent you a PM.

Bill

Last edited: