• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

So ca fires

CALIF GIRL

I went to the MCA show in Van Nuys, Cleaned my car, begged and called in favors to get the weekend off..Took my car to the show. It was a hot weekend and there were some fires in the county. Friday ws good..Drove my car to the show, got a ride to work,,Went back to the show saturday. The fires were getting worse Saturday. My dirt bike team got called for deployment, but it was volunatry so I deceided to stay at the show.

Sunday I had my son take me to the show.. Now my team got called out along with all of our field operations units,,

So I talked to the head judge and expalined the situation..He was great and since my car had already been judged said I would not be disqualifed for leaving,

I talked to Mike (something special) and he agreed to help me out by accepting anything I would be lucky enough to receive.

I drove home and went to work from 3pm-6am. here are a couple of photos I took while at work
On top of Mt Wilson

1.jpg
Mt Wilson
2.jpg

The retardent got us annd our bikes

3.jpg

Mt wikson
5.jpg
Trucks from AZ
6.jpg

Angeles Crest,,burned pretty bad
7.jpg

Above Alta dena

a.jpg

Dont have time for much more,,,,but at least the fires are dying down a little...

Last edited:

Ruppstang

Very cool photos. It makes it more real when you see pictures like that. Congrats on your win at the national show and be carefull. Marty

Mustanglvr

Stay safe Marion, I had been wondering how it was going down there. Glad you posted.

PonyGal

Marion,

I know how dangerous working on a fire like that can be! You take care and stay as safe as you can! Thank you for what you are doing!!!

Diesel Donna

Whoa, MT, glad you are okay. I just got my coffee table book and I had taken my photos on Angeles Crest Hwy 2, and I'll bet you anything that the area where we took the photos is incinerated now.

Be careful out there.

hookedtrout

I just got my coffee table book and I had taken my photos on Angeles Crest Hwy 2, and I'll bet you anything that the area where we took the photos is incinerated now.QUOTE]

You looked pretty hot in those photos, hope there's no relationship. :-0

Cory

Diesel Donna

I just got my coffee table book and I had taken my photos on Angeles Crest Hwy 2, and I'll bet you anything that the area where we took the photos is incinerated now.QUOTE]

Cory

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA! Well I WAS A little pyromaniac when I was a youngster. (And my Dad was a firefighter, lol!) You're too funny Cory.

~~~~Donna

Midnight Special

Cory

...That only happens when she sprays power steering fluid on her manifold... I mean... the car's manifold!