• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

what your thoughts on this.

imported_tree

Went to the local dealership to see if they had correct hose clamps for the heater hoses, they laughted at me and told me that ford have not made tower or wire clamps for some time.mean while the owner of the dealership asked me if i could show the gt/cs in their showroom for a couple of weeks.to tell you the true i like the attention this car brings and the comments that i hear is a real ego boosting thing (my wife says male _______ extender), i dont know if i want a bunch of people touching or druling on the car even if they rope it off to the public.The other that i need is a good photo of the old poster detailing the origin of the gt/cs. i bought one on e-bay but is only got the car and name on the poster,paid 30.00 for this and have not been able to locate another before the next two car show starting on the 28 of this month.thanks for any ideas ,comments, or e-mails. terry............

rvrtrash

First, Ford only keeps parts in stock for about 7 years or so, or so I've been told. Not enough demand for the space and inventory dollars they take up. Second, I went to the local Ford dealership and asked if he wanted an original CS next to the new one when it came out. He said no, he didn't want to be responsible for it. When I thought about it I figured he was right. What if some kid runs up and drags his toys down the side of your car, or throws his ice cream cone on your seat.
Steve

Mustanglvr

rvrtrash said:
Second, I went to the local Ford dealership and asked if he wanted an original CS next to the new one when it came out. He said no, he didn't want to be responsible for it. When I thought about it I figured he was right. What if some kid runs up and drags his toys down the side of your car, or throws his ice cream cone on your seat.
Steve

Gee, lighten up, you only live once. I know with my car, a new scratch would send me into a tailspin, even though it already has a few, but even if it was perfect I would`nt pass up an opportunity to show it off. I guess thats just the way I am though. :grin:

p51

imported_tree said:
...The other that i need is a good photo of the old poster detailing the origin of the gt/cs. i bought one on e-bay but is only got the car and name on the poster,paid 30.00 for this and have not been able to locate another before the next two car show starting on the 28 of this month.thanks for any ideas ,comments, or e-mails. terry............
I assume you mean the foldout poster that periodically appears on ebay. If so, try this website....

http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/sales-lit/bymake/ford/index-6.shtml

Look at Item #B8960 or search for "California". They want $35 for it. Not sure if its an original or a copy....

rvrtrash

Mustanglvr said:
Gee, lighten up, you only live once. I know with my car, a new scratch would send me into a tailspin, even though it already has a few, but even if it was perfect I would`nt pass up an opportunity to show it off. I guess thats just the way I am though. :grin:

I guess you must have missed the part where I offered to show it and was turned down by the dealer.

Steve

Mustanglvr

rvrtrash said:
I guess you must have missed the part where I offered to show it and was turned down by the dealer.

Steve

Yeah, but the way you make it sound, it would deter alot of owners from wanting to show their car that way. I say, don`t let the possibility of minor scratches and a little ice cream on the seat stop you. We all need to show our cars and make them known. If you have a nice enough car to show, then show it.

Mosesatm

imported_tree said:
Went to the local dealership to see if they had correct hose clamps for the heater hoses, they laughted at me and told me that ford have not made tower or wire clamps for some time.mean while the owner of the dealership asked me if i could show the gt/cs in their showroom for a couple of weeks.to tell you the true i like the attention this car brings and the comments that i hear is a real ego boosting thing (my wife says male _______ extender), i dont know if i want a bunch of people touching or druling on the car even if they rope it off to the public.The other that i need is a good photo of the old poster detailing the origin of the gt/cs. i bought one on e-bay but is only got the car and name on the poster,paid 30.00 for this and have not been able to locate another before the next two car show starting on the 28 of this month.thanks for any ideas ,comments, or e-mails. terry............

Terry, if you want to leave it at the dealership it might be as simple as taking pictures of the car the minute you hand it over to them so you have proof of any subsequent damage done at the dealership. Then write up a little agreement stating that any damage that results to the car while at the dealership shall be remedied to the car owner's satisfaction. Leaving the car there without some sort of written protection probably would not be wise.

Canuck CSter

I say show it, anymore risky than driving it on the road ( went over some freshly painted lines once ) or leaveing it in an un-attended parking lot....

Our qwest is to inform the public of what we have..

I had my niche lift alittle paint with a hose once,( so be it ) least I could yell at the dealership people...

Easy on the brown 74 amc gremlin, it was my first car.

Dr in Ottawa

marie68csmustangs

If you're worried that people are going to touch and worried that you car is going to be scratched. Tell the people at the dealership about your concerns about the car being scratched. Cause accidents happen! Even with new cars, you're bummed out - I know my Saturn has a couple of scratches on it :-(( I even tried to use the touch up paint of the same color on it and it came out all blotchy.. My Dad parks his 2004 Dodge truck away from anything that might dent it!

Marie

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

what are your thoughts

Just to let you fine people know that the dealer will rope off the car in the show room , will send photos of the car when i get it there.I just finished changing the heater hoses with contours style hoses(white strip) from canadain mustang out of calgary what a job::::::::. also to let you know that i aquired some non- eching alum,cleaner. works great. use it on wheels, manifolds .just apply and rince with cold water.have two car shows in the next month, will post photos if i win anything. terry...............................

BroadwayBlue

Post photos either way we're always looking for more to look at.

Good Luck in the shows - hope you get something - the satisfaction of showing and meeting new people and spreading the word is always enough of a reward for me.

PFSlim

Folks

Last week, my car was at my local dealership for Thurs/Fri/Sat. This is the second year I have left the car at the dealership. The sales folks don't really want much to do with the car. However, since I have a good relationship with the parts and service folks, they have me bring the GT/CS and my brothers AC Cobra replica out. Last year, we parked the cars outside and in front of the dealership. This year, both cars sat in front of the service area.

I actually take off time from work and sit with the cars. Like a mini car show. Most of the guys want rides in the Cobra and feel that 475 hp 520 foot pounds of torque, so we do that as well.

For the 3 days, I can get my truck and cars serviced about whenever I want it. Some times it is free. I get a great deal on other repairs and tires, etc. To me, it is well worth the 2 work days and the service and parts guys love it.

To me, it appears that the sales guys don't want the competition sitting on the show room. I have offered mine on numerous occasions and they basically say they don't want the responsibility. Even after I tell them that I accept all responsibility, they still pass.

This year, I wanted to drive a new Mustang GT. The owner passed telling the salesman that I was not a buyer. I even said I would be leaving my GT/CS and brothers Cobra there for collateral. The word still came down as no. However, due to several burnouts last year in the Cobra with giving the service guys ride (the owner did not like that at all), it makes sense.

Paul