• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

paint colour

:-\I parked my car in a multicar garage for the winter and my paint was damaged on the trim below the grill . It is 2 pieces with chrome outer trim and about 4 inches wide the lengt of the gril-what colour is it ? It almost looks brown-any help would be appreciated.It is just below the fog lights. Thankyou, Scotty.

68sunlitgold

Scott,
I will answer this by email, I also answered it on the site:
the color is "dark grey metallic", use either Ditzler/PPG DDL 32930 or DuPont 9426 (H or LH).
Good Luck
Doug

Russ

If you would like a perfect color match and an easy application when you repaint a GT/CS grill or its surrounding grill trim, use Seymore "original" Cast Blast paint. The color is called "Cast Iron Gray" and part number is #16-148. This paint comes in a 12 oz. spray can and is easy to purchase and even easier to use. The final color is a dark gray metalic with a "flat" sheen. You can order this product from Chaffin's Garage, 1939 S. Main St. Corona CA, 92882. Phone: 909-735-4791. Hope this helps, Russ

rvrtrash

Thanks for the info guys! I need to do this also and
you helped me out.
Steve