• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Color code grill paint

mustangman-nl

Hello,

I want tyo paint the grill in the original color. I found on this site the code's PPG 32930 or Dupont 9426. My paintshop in the neighberhood can't find these colors on his paintmixingcomputer (nice word). Can someone give me other code's of the grill paint?

Greetings reiny van Uden
The Netherlands

mnut

A grill paint suggestion

Hello from over here to over there! I used the suggested paint color called "charcoal wheel paint" from CJ Ponyparts...part #PTCHAR...for $12.00 a can. I bought 2 cans to be sure. I picked up this idea from help on this site. A judge at a local show was convinced it was correct. It it so close and easier for a lazy guy like me to buzz it instead of lighting up the compressor and mixing it. High Country Bob also knows and I know other members here do too of a Duplicolor.Plastickote,or some other major buzz can company that has a close color match. I believe that is an "Engine" paint color of some sorts in one of those brands? Someone here is going to nail it further for you.You can bet on that. I added these comments since CJ's might ship overseas or you have an "Eastwood Restoration" outlet over there.They have this color. Also because major brands of canned paint may be available overseas too? I believe that canned paint might not be shippable overseas as even here it must be shipped ground only,probably can "pop" at 30,000 feet?...Have a good New Year!

Bob in Ohio

clubpro

Don't forget that R & R Classics has the correct paint for $8.25 a can, but only to this websites members and they will ship overseas.

Cheers,

Ron