• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Aussie Nationals - Produce a couple of CS

gt bandit

case12

A couple questions and comments:

It looks like these may have been restored by the same person? They both have pony in the grill (same type - no corral), and they both have shelby pedestals for the fog lights.

My dumb question for the day: did they ship CS's whit right hand steering (british style)? I dont know the ins and outs of overseas builds, but if all the CS's were built in San Jose for the CA market, then maybe these were converted afterward?

Also I note that the blue car (I love the color!) has the antenna on the "US passenger" fender, and the green car has the antenna on the "US driver" fender. I couldnt tell for sure which side the steering was on the blue car, but guess it is right hand steering (british style).

Thanks for sharing - nice pictures. Casey

P.S. I hope you get that car soon! (hmmm....Singapore..maybe I can get it diverted through Chicago?!?)

68gt390

case12 said:
My dumb question for the day: did they ship CS's whit right hand steering (british style)? I dont know the ins and outs of overseas builds, but if all the CS's were built in San Jose for the CA market, then maybe these were converted afterward?

Casey;
A friend of mine I was stationed with out in California used to restore Boss 302's as a hobby. He sold several to folks from Australia and what they would do is have the cars converted after they arrived in country. I would almost bet both these cars were converted after they arrived from the states. It's definitely not a cheap proposition.

Don

nfrntau

Casey I think you are right on the Blue car. It looks to me like it doesn't have a left hand side mirror.
Bill