• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Grass Valley BBQ Video

franklinair

What a great memory jogger. That was my first trip to the west coast to meet fellow GT/CS owners. Mike & Robinette Jewel hosted that gathering and couldn't have been more gracious in welcoming this stranger from the east. I had flown from ATL to SFO, rented a car, and drove to Grass Valley. Everyone was great, and I met a lot of folks that are friends to this day. Thanks Arlie.

Neil

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29

somethingspecial

Those were some good times

And a good time had by all. Thanks Arlie. If I remember correctly, that video was made by Claude Sprinkle.

CougarCJ

I guess there are not any videos from Tim's place? I was there that one year, during the bacon cooking flare up. :cool:

robert campbell

I was at Tim's that day!!! We had a small flare up for sure! Wish I would have been at Mike's gathering. Looks like it was a lot of fun!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...Mike hosted two 'record' gatherings. One in '06 and another '07. The much smaller one at my house was in honor of Cory Gouldiing's new book, "California Special Way of Life".

Attachments

• 0211.jpg
    0211.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 0140.jpg
    0140.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0170.JPG
    0170.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 38

franklinair

The book signing at Tim's was a super gathering. Cory's book was a great success. I recommend it- lots of photos & background info on C/S owners.
I even shared the photo of my mishap with my first C/S.:icon_pani
I STILL suspect Rob of causing the bacon inferno at breakfast.

Neil

Attachments

• CS WHEEL OFF.JPG
    CS WHEEL OFF.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 26

robert campbell

Tim,
The book signing gathering was awesome!! Thanks for sharing your home, your driveways, and your tools!! And your Mustangs as Steve (RVRtrash) will attest to!! What a great time!!

Dad, I was not even near that inferno!! But, I have done similar BBQ fires myself!!!

Rob

rvrtrash

Yes, it was a great time! I remember looking over and Tim just calmly closed the cover on the bar-b-que as things went poof. That trip was probably my fondest GT/CS memory. Crawling under the dash of Rene's car to work on wiring, working with Rob on throttle linkage, driving one of Tim's cars through the twisty's, meeting lots of people I only knew through this site. Tim was the greatest of hosts and put on a great get-together.

Steve

Ruppstang

I can't wait until we all have the opportunity to do it again!

You do have the opportunity to do it again, it is in Lincoln NE. July 13th-15th at the MCA national show. We all ready have 14 GTCS's and HCS's. Several are from the west coast. Here is the link to register https://motosho.com/event/59813623dd207 BTW you do not have to have your car judged, register in Display only. See you there?

rvrtrash

I came out of retirement and went back to work to pay for development of a piece of property we bought to build our "dream house" on, and don't have any vacation time yet, but I'll see if there is a way to swing it. I sold my CS and Mach 1 a few years ago, and the Boss is still a project in waiting, so wouldn't be bringing anything.

Steve