• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - How about listing eBay auctions from members here?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm curious if anyone would find this useful. I can set up a page that shows current eBay auctions from just site members. It might be nice to see what members are selling and you would feel better about bidding on items from someone you "know" from this site instead of complete strangers on eBay.

Basically members would have to let me know their eBay username and then I would add them to the page.

It's just an idea. I suppose it could be considered competition for the classifieds section, but I'm not too concerned about that.

Any thoughts?

mmillstx

Jon,

I would be more apt to spend my hard earned $ with people that were members of our 'community'. It would be adventageous on many levels. I am all for it.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I agree it shouldn't be all items. I don't want to know what some of you guys sell in your private lives! ;D

It would be controlled by search terms. I was thinking auctions including the words; gt/cs, california special, high country special, mustang, ford

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=847;start=0#msg4703 date=1080852461]
It would be controlled by search terms. I was thinking auctions including the words; gt/cs, california special, high country special, mustang, ford
[/quote]
I'd add t-bird or thunderbird somehow as they are what the taillights really came from.
By the way, I'm going to have a few extra 64-65 t-bird buckets/bezels for sale fairly soon. I'll have lenses but they're the ones from '65 with the birdy on them. I guess you could take them off if you really needed them though. I'll post them in the Classifieds when they're ready.

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=admin link=board=1;threadid=847;start=0#msg4699 date=1080846403]
I suppose it could be considered competition for the classifieds section, but I'm not too concerned about that.

Any thoughts?

[/quote]
The "Classifieds" saves people a small amount of money since they wouldn't have to pay E-bay a fee for the auction. Plus no "paperwork" required to sell, like on e-bay. So that's the advantage of the Classifieds section.

Might get paid better from e-bay though because of the auction.

I think it's a wash either way.

68sunlitgold

Jon,
vote me in....I agree that I would feel better dealing with folks from this forum that I know. If we do this will you need our ebay IDs and then have some way to associate who they are on the site?
Doug
Ebay ID: copenhagen88

Eastcoast

I'm for it as long as it doesn't get too cluttered with unrelated items. I would feel better about bidding on items sold by the "community"