• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS Info Posted on Mustang Source

BroadwayBlue

Not sure if anyone else caught this and posted this but I don't see it and the site says it was updated Sunday 1/15 so here it goes.

Mustang Source is reporting the GT/CS for 2007.

The biggest for 2007 is that the Shelby Cobra GT500--unveiled at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show--will be available in Summer 2006 as a 2007 model as both a coupe and convertible. It will be powered by a supercharged 5.4L V8 making at least 475 horsepower. It will use a 6-speed manual transmission and will have 18x9" wheels front and back. The front tires will be 255s and the backs will be 285s.
Also for 2007, a GT/CS (California Special) will be available with a GT/CS tape stripe, hood scoop, side scoops, and a unique front fascia. Inside, the GT/CS will have heated two-tone black and grey leather and suede seats and the rearview mirror will have an integrated compass. An intake cover will dress up the engine bay. The GT/CS will be available nationwide as either a coupe or convertible. An early color list revealed that Alloy Grey, Performance White, Vista Blue, Tungsten Grey, Valencia Orange, Colorado Red, and Ebony will be options on the 2007 Mustang. That's seven colors; I'm sure there will be at least 10.

Here are links to the main site and the timeline page.
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/index.htm
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/07/index.htm

Mosesatm

Does anyone find it a little odd that Ford wouldn't wait one more year to release the GT/CS, making it an '08? Do you think they are they releasing it with Shelby to give all those people who want a Shelby but can't afford one something to buy? If so, wouldn't the GT be more in line with that thinking?

It'll be interesting to see the price points Ford establishes with the GT, GT/CS, and Shelby. Price may have a big role in how well the GT/CS sells vs the others.

So, who is going to drive their '68 GT/CS to the local dealerships to test drive the '07? That will be fun.

390cs68rcode

I would assume the CS will not be a high dollar option. I agree it could be the poor mans Shelby (again). I have a feeling they will do the CS for more than one year. I hope I am wrong but if Ford does not make the CS way different looking from the regular Mustang it might not sell very well.

Now if they make cool side scoops, rear wing and maybe something else that makes it way different from the regular Mustang it will sell pretty good.

Mosesatm

My wife has been hinting that a new car is in order after our other car is paid off in August. I've been ignoring her. This might just be a good compromise so I just emailed her suggesting that we look at buying an '07 to go with the '68.

Did anyone ever find out how or when Ford will unveil the new GT/CS and if they need originals for the enveiling? I remember there was a thread about a month ago about a photo shoot. Did that ever happen?

68gt390

Mosesatm said:
My wife has been hinting that a new car is in order after our other car is paid off in August. I've been ignoring her. This might just be a good compromise so I just emailed her suggesting that we look at buying an '07 to go with the '68.

Did anyone ever find out how or when Ford will unveil the new GT/CS and if they need originals for the enveiling? I remember there was a thread about a month ago about a photo shoot. Did that ever happen?

Arlie;
Watch the Super Bowl. :grin:

Don

Mosesatm

68gt390 said:
Arlie;
Watch the Super Bowl. :grin:

Don

No thanks, but I might TiVo it so I can fast forward through all endzone dancing nonsense.

Is Janet Jackson going to have a wardrobe malfunction in the back seat of the new GT/CS?

luisa2552

I'm not a Superbowl fan either, but I'll Tivo it if there is going to be a commercial for the GT/CS. Is this a sure thing?? It may even get me to watch it. I sure hope they changed the rear end of the regular mustang in the CS. That's the best looking part!:eek:

case12

From MustangHeaven.com:

The 2007 Ford Mustang California Special GT/CS will be available in 2007 in a coupe and convertible.
The GT/CS package will include:
Hood Scoop
Side Scoops
Re-Designed Front Fascia
GT/CS Decals along the front fender and door
Custom Intake Engine Cover
Heated Two-Tone Leather
Suede Like Seat Inserts
Rearview Mirror with Compass
Possible Ducktail Spoiler

Casey

joedls

Mosesatm said:
I've been ignoring her.

Man, you must have a different kind of wife than I do. I couldn't ignore mine if I wanted to, not saying that I do, just that I couldn't.

Talan423

yesterday there were spy photos posted on that website and another. today they are removed stating due to copyright issues with ford they had to be removed from the site. luckily i had downloaded them yesterday, unfortunately i can't post them on this site because the copyright is printed all over the pictures and i don't want to cause any waves with ford motor. the photos weren't the greatest angles but not bad. the coupe in the foreground is white with a roush style hood scoop, the gt/cs decal is on the front fender with the black stripe running along the door and fading into the scoop. i read that the scoops were non-functional. it also had a spoiler (wing type) on the back decklid. it has a five spoke rim. round fog-lights in the grille. the convertible was in the background, but not much of it.

tom

CalPaul

Hey Don;

You seem to have inside info on Super bowl ads - true?

Paul

Mosesatm

Here's one way to do the tail lights.

Last edited:

case12

Arlie. I am pretty sure those are Shelby pictures.

I have the pictures Tom is talking about and can email them to those who request. Send me a private message and I will send them when I am online. They do have copyrights on them.

As Tom said, there is a hood scoop, side scoop, different front end, GT fog lights, side stripe with GT/CS on front fender stripe (not the scoop) and wing (not ducktail). No california special on the rear quarter panel that I can see. Unfortunately, no rear pictures.

Casey

P

PNewitt

I got a look at these cars for the first time today....in white with black GT/CS stripes. Veeery Interesting!!

I have mixed feelings, but overall, it looks pretty neat. I'm not big on the '66 type Shelby hood scoop; as a '68 Shelby (or even '67 Shelby) type hood scoop would have been more appropiate. Some square fog lights in the grille would have been more distinctive, and "CS looking", too.

Interesting that the CS will have side scoops, and the Shelby will not.

I think that it will sell--and you know what? Your original GT/CS will go up in value (can this happen enough this week?), because of the exposure. Imagine BJ Auctions for '68 CS cars NOW!!

I would also have hoped that they'd had the side script. It adds class to the car.

Those extended taillights are very cool, too...hmmm...looks like that photoshop taillights thingy I did some time ago.."if I had a nickle for every time...".

We'll keep on this...
BTW--I've already said that I would extend the GT/CS Registry to these '07/'08 cars.

Paul N.

Mustanglvr

So the taillights on the new GT/CS are going to be different than the new Shelby and regular Mustang taillights?

case12

I think the tail lights Paul may be referring to are in Arlies picture, which is Shelby. I havent seen pictures of the GT/CS tail lights yet. The pictures I have show a wing, and not a ducktail. I would much prefer a ducktail like in the Shelby pictures below. Casey