• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS Possible 1967 HCS. Need some help, please.

FarmBoy67

Hey all,

New to the forum. Looks like the best place to be to find out some info. I have a '67 one owner. Dad bought new in Colorado Springs at Phil Long Ford. Was a daily driver for years. From the best I can tell from pictures, it was possibly Timberline Green with a black vinyl top. Had a couple front fender benders back in the day. Was repainted a horrible olive drab color and eventually was parked. Way back when I was 15-16 years old I drove it around the house, had some horrible shade-tree black paint job applied and obnoxious dual exhausts put on. Drove it a couple of years and parked it under a shed where it has sat for the last 18 years here in Alabama. My dad always told me he thought it was some "Timberline special" or something like that. I started researching recently with codes and looks like it might be a HCS Mustang. Just dug it out of the shed with intentions of starting resto on it in near future. Would love if someone else could help me verify if this is truly an HCS or not.
Data plate reads:Body65A Trim2A Date30F DSO515235
Color is blank. There were not any badges applied at dealership if this is truly an HCS.
Any help appreciated. What is the next step? Should I get one of the reports to also help me verify?

Thanks,

Eli

hicountrybob

Hey all,

New to the forum. Looks like the best place to be to find out some info. I have a '67 one owner. Dad bought new in Colorado Springs at Phil Long Ford. Was a daily driver for years. From the best I can tell from pictures, it was possibly Timberline Green with a black vinyl top. Had a couple front fender benders back in the day. Was repainted a horrible olive drab color and eventually was parked. Way back when I was 15-16 years old I drove it around the house, had some horrible shade-tree black paint job applied and obnoxious dual exhausts put on. Drove it a couple of years and parked it under a shed where it has sat for the last 18 years here in Alabama. My dad always told me he thought it was some "Timberline special" or something like that. I started researching recently with codes and looks like it might be a HCS Mustang. Just dug it out of the shed with intentions of starting resto on it in near future. Would love if someone else could help me verify if this is truly an HCS or not.
Data plate reads:Body65A Trim2A Date30F DSO515235
Color is blank. There were not any badges applied at dealership if this is truly an HCS.
Any help appreciated. What is the next step? Should I get one of the reports to also help me verify?

Thanks,

Eli

Yep, next step is the Marti Report. What's the vin# anyway?? I'll bet you got the real thing, And I have 1 badge for you if your car is what I think it is. Hicountry Bob here, Let's talk, Home 303-424-3866. Thanks, I'll be listening.

OP
OP
F

FarmBoy67

Thanks for the info Bob.

I have ordered the Marti report. The Vin# is 7R01C224010. I'll try and dig out some old pictures of the car when it was new and figure out how to attach. I really do appreciate the help. Look forward to finding out what I have either way!

Thanks again,

Eli

OP
OP
F

FarmBoy67

Got the Report!!

Hey Bob,

So I got the results of the Marti report. Turns out it is a HCS! :grin:
Now begins the long but rewarding journey of restoration. I have attached a copy of the report with this post, but I will also post a copy on the dedicated thread for Marti reports.

Thanks again for your help! I'll sure I'll be lurking on this site for awhile.

Eli

Attachments

• ConnMarti67HCS.pdf
    169.6 KB · Views: 73