• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 GT/CS Convertible

MCD1653

Hi Mustang friends,

I am member of MCD Mustang club of Denmark.

Here in Denmark I have stumbled upon an ”item” which I ended up buying, viz. a 68 convertible, built as a GT/CS – and I am aware the this model was never factory-produced as a convertible. They were coupés only and numbered at 4118 in 1968.

The history behind this car is that a Ford dealer (In Sacramento, CA, apparently) celebrated his 22nd or 23rd years’ birthday/jubilee by having an equivalent number of models GT/CS convertibles built/rebuilt.

The only proof of the history behind this car that the previous owner was able to present was a newspaper article from the time he imported the car to Denmark. This article described the above. Unfortunately he has reformatted his hard disk from back then and the guy he had the article from died of cancer in the meantime. Would some of you be able to dig out this history?

As I have not bought the car from him, I see no reason why the story should not be true, and I would therefore like to give it a chance.

According to the Marti report it was purchased by Midway Ford in Los Angeles CA; VIN# 8R03C116340.

Would som of you happen to be able to help with a contact or two who might be able to confirm or disconfirm the story?

As I see it, the story may as well be true, but before it has actually been proven it will only be assumptions that this particular model is one of the 22/23. How do you see this?

Best wishes,

Peter Christensen