• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. SAAC Officially Adds GT/CS

BroadwayBlue

Come over and see the GT/CS section of the SAAC-Forum. You may be surprised. It seems to be a big hit.

I don't have a Shelby, never did. But I did build with my brother 3 1967 GT/CS clones in the very early 80's. We loved the car (still have all 3). Not many actual GT/CS's in NJ at that time and I couldn't afford a Shelby. In 1984 I entered my 1967 Mustang GTA I restored at SAAC-10 in NJ. It was the 2nd fastest on the track at Pocono Motor Speedway, PA that day in the Mustang, Shelby, Boss (Falcon) group. The next day it took a first place at the show in the Mustang Category (Mustangs were all in one big giant group back then). I had the only car to run at Pocono and receive a first place.

I think you will see we are a diverse group at SAAC.

CaptDave

Hey he's a clone builder - let's get him quick!!!! :eek::grin::wink::cool:

Seriously CaptDave - thanks for venturing over here to the CS site and posting and thanks for welcoming us to the SAAC site as well.

Many of us here are still reeling from some recent events so bear with us while the dust settles. We have a great and diverse group here as well which is why I posted on the SAAC forum for those members to checkout this site as well.

We're a great big family here and as with any family we're protective of each other and of course we have a few dysfunctional cousins dangling from the tree branches but we love them all.

For the most part we respect everyone's opinion even though I'm usually right and they're always wrong but it all works out in the end! :cool:

I'm interested to see what transpires with the inclusion of a GT/CS (and HCS) section on the SAAC forum. I don't think your intent was to pull people from this site over there but to have another venue for owners and fans to collaborate about some great Mustangs of all types. I think that's great and people are free to come and go as they please on both sites.
We're all car guys and gals and that's the common thread if nothing else.

I think it's kind of cool that the Shelby lineage in the CS is getting some recognition on your forum. I can't tell you the amount of times I explain the CS history at a car show - I never get tired of doing it. The Shelby spin is always part of that story - it has to be to tell the whole thing.

I still remember my car being parked one day and a few kids riding by on their bikes looking at it and talking but I was too far to hear them ... then as they got around back turned around and one kid said to the other loudly ... "I told you! It's F***ing Shelby!!!" - I still chuckle when I think about it. They were long gone before I could explain.

I know of no one here that tries to push their CS or HCS off as something that it's not. It is what it is and we enjoy them for exactly what they are.
The Shelby inspiration just adds to the mystique in my mind.

I was in NJ on Sunday for a show on Route 23 in Butler. A lot of great cars there. I was the only 68 GT/CS and 2 late model GT/CS's. Those Shelby car's on the other hand were a dime a dozen - LOL!

Interesting that you have never owned a Shelby but built GT/CS clones. That's a story for you to come back and tell us about someday.

In closing - thanks for stopping by and saying hi and y'all come back now ya hear?

OK everbody - nothing to see here - move along ... head back to your other threads and posts now ...

CaptDave

I'm interested to see what transpires with the inclusion of a GT/CS (and HCS) section on the SAAC forum. I don't think your intent was to pull people from this site over there but to have another venue for owners and fans to collaborate about some great Mustangs of all types.

I was in NJ on Sunday for a show on Route 23 in Butler. A lot of great cars there. I was the only 68 GT/CS and 2 late model GT/CS's. Those Shelby car's on the other hand were a dime a dozen - LOL!

Interesting that you have never owned a Shelby but built GT/CS clones. That's a story for you to come back and tell us about someday.

I'm on both SAAC and Team Shelby all the time. I know people on 4 or 5 forums. Nobody said you have to pick just one.

Butler, NJ. Do you remember when the Burger King was "Goodies". It was a car hangout going back to the 60's. It closed in the mid to late 70's and change to Burger King. Terrible grease burgers at "Goodies".

If you have a pair of 1967 Mustang 6cyl's what do you do with them. I saw an article in Hot Rod Magazine about the GT/CS in the late 70's. I said why not. There were just none in NJ at that time.

CaptDave

BroadwayBlue

I'm on both SAAC and Team Shelby all the time. I know people on 4 or 5 forums. Nobody said you have to pick just one.

Butler, NJ. Do you remember when the Burger King was "Goodies". It was a car hangout going back to the 60's. It closed in the mid to late 70's and change to Burger King. Terrible grease burgers at "Goodies".

If you have a pair of 1967 Mustang 6cyl's what do you do with them. I saw an article in Hot Rod Magazine about the GT/CS in the late 70's. I said why not. There were just none in NJ at that time.

CaptDave

I am on multiple forums as well - registered on a lot more than I can spend quality time on too.

Sunday was my first time in Butler so can't speak to Gioodies. Are there such things as "good" grease burgers? :smile:
I live in NY and decided to take the hour drive to the show. It was a good time.

I don't think there are a lot of GT/CS in NJ even today - you're 3 clones may out number real the ones! I know of 2 or 3 68's in NJ right now.
There aren't many in the Northeast at all. I've only been to 2 shows where there was another CS there. One in CT and the owner was from WA and one in NY 3+ hours from my house and the owner lives about 30 minutes from me. Go figure!

I would bet Arlie (mosesatm) has a copy of that exact magazine you're referring to.

Take Care!

robert campbell

I built a 67 coupe modified that had the GT/CS side scoops, the trunk lid, a 69Mach I hood scoop and a front air dam. Put the GT/CS stripes on the sides. It was a 200 cu in six shooter. Manual 3 speed. Rebuilt a 250 six from a Maverick and added a wide ration 2:78 toploader 4 speed. stock brakes a stock six shooter 3.25 rear end.

250 six shoot was stock, but with 4 speed and lower rear end, it was a hoot to drive. The 4 speed made all the difference and it surprised a few people.

Rob

Perkchiro

So does anyone know how many people here have dual memberships with the CS forum and SAAC? Estimates? Not trying to stir up anything but just curious.

franklinair

Not a clue. I'm content with this site, and quite candidly Shelby's don't particularly interest me. (But that's just me) If I owned a Shelby I'm sure I would have joined that website. But quite honestly, I don't see that strong a connection between C/S's & Shelby's. They share some common body parts, but that's about it. Engines, drivetrain, suspension - that's another breed of cat.
I'm sure some others may join the Shelby site, but I'm not interested. (Call me narrow minded!!)

Neil

robert campbell

I am with Neil. SAAC is a great site and has great members, but I feel like family here. We are supportive of each other with no hidden agenda. Not that SAAC people do, but this iste has people I just can't wait to meet.

Anyone who faints the first time she sees her car is tops in my book!!!

Rob

hookedtrout

You can count me in as another that's keeping my roots right here where they belong with all the family, been here most of my GT/CS life, even though I'm not near as big of a poster/chatter as I used to be, busy life I guess, this is and has always been home to me and my CS.

I'm sure life at the SAAC is grand and should the opportunity ever present itself that I should add a bay to my garage filled with a Shelby I'll entertain the idea of being a member.

I just wish I hadn't missed all the excitment last week while on vacation out wheeling Moab when Paul made his grand exit? What's up with that, dang it I missed all the drama? I think we should have left it all posted for us guys that missed it and the rest of the world so they can pass their own judgement. Oh well, probably best I'm not the web site owner.

Here's to a quick economic recovery for everyone effected. Cheers!

Cory

PonyGal

iste has people I just can't wait to meet.

Anyone who faints the first time she sees her car is tops in my book!!!

Rob

Hey Rob,

I guess I'm never going to live that down :embarass: But that's okay, at least it was in front of family and not a bunch of strangers!! Can't wait to meet you and Val. Had my surgery today, so I hope to be all healed up by the time you make it down.

Cory, It was starting to get pretty ugly, so maybe it is best that you missed it. I kinda wish the posts had not been deleted, but at the same time, I understand why. Too much negativity can ruin a forum really quick!

So, lets all get back to having fun in this new 'car show' season!!

Doug

Hey Rob,

Cory, It was starting to get pretty ugly, so maybe it is best that you missed it. I kinda wish the posts had not been deleted, but at the same time, I understand why. Too much negativity can ruin a forum really quick!

It was once said "The needs of many have to out weight the needs of one."

390cs68rcode

So Ponygal fainted when she first saw her CS?

AWESOME!

the above is meant to be light hearted and I love that the car meant that much to you.

aemoo28

PonyGal

Yes. I fainted and I am not one bit embarrassed about it! When I finally saw my "dream car" for the first time, and saw how beautiful it was, I lost it
faint.gif