• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dual Exhaust System

Tequila

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good exhaust system that is compatible with the regular exhaust manifolds for 68 GT/CS. It's got a 302 engine and currently has separate pipes on each sides with mufflers. I want a semi decent system so if you have any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

NPD sells nice repros. Use two sets on my 390's. Still debating whether I put the single pipe setup back on the GT/CS or modify it with a stock 289 dual setup. But it will come from them either way.

http://www.npdlink.com/store/catalog/Complete_Systems-2864-1.html

Thanks. Most of the ones NPD had says transverse or have resonators built in. My existing ones are straight setup with mufflers - not sure if they are stock or not. I was also hoping for stainless steel setup.

dalorzo_f

After market setup, probably best to just go to a local exhaust shop and have them fab one up if you want custom.

Or look into Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Pypes, etc..