• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fuel Sending Unit Wire

PFSlim

I am now getting power to my yellow wire in the trunk for my fuel sending unit, however when I test it, it blinks. Not when blinkers or emergency blinkers are working, just with power on switch. Anyone know why? ???

Also, still want to make sure this is the right wire for the fuel sending unit. It runs along the pass side and ends at the trunk as a two plug connector. Yellow wire is a female end and a green wire is the male end. Can someone check theirs to see if this is the way it is suppose to look? ???

admin

Staff member
Administrator
When you say it blinks, are you talking about the test light blinking when you hook it up to the wire? If so that's correct. It uses resistance to determine the fuel level.

Maybe someone else can confirm your wire color. I don't have my manual handy.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thats correct. It blinks with the test light. Sorry. It is very steady. So the fuel sending unit wire is suppose to do that??

Paul