• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct Interior Color?

somethingspecial

O.K., Now I am pulling my hair out. Interior Code 2G, Ivy Gold. Usually light ivy gold paint. My car has Dark Ivy Dash Pad, Dark Ivy carpet, head rest which are Medium Ivy, and now, I am finding medium Ivy paint inside glove box door, and hinge. Medium Ivy paint on the original rear seat Qtr. panels and inside door skin under the door panals. Has anyone else seen this color combo. I believe I have a bastard car, with different color combos. The metal plate under the front seat headrests have the same medium paint as the headrest, and what I am finding else where. Would I be wrong to paint the interior metal this medium color as original? I would rather go 100% as OEM, than settle because judges think light Ivy was the only option. Please help. Mike

Update: Closer examination shows the Medium Ivy Paint was applied over the Light Ivy paint. This car was customized in approximately 1972/1973. The car was only 4-5 years old, and the panels were covered with Leopard skin and yellow cloth material, and all other metal surfaces were painted bright gold. My guess is the interior color was changed at the factory, giving it was modified at such a young age, and the medium Ivy color is what it left the factory with. Feed back Please.

Last edited:

68gt390

I hate to say it but, now you see why I refuse to go "concourse". Just way to much bullshit. I struggled with my dash for months with the dark red and finally wound up using 1969 dark red to match my dash. Go figure. If that's what you want to do that's fine. For me, I'm sorry, I just can't deal with it. I like driving my car to much. Sorry folks. That's just me.

Don :rolleyes:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I may be going concourse, but I intend to drive it as well. I want to own a brand new car, as it was from the factory. I will trailer it for a few shows to try for points, but I will never sell the car again. Once I get some points, I will enjoy the hell out of it. I pulled the original dash from the garage, It had been so hacked up for gauges, It had to be replaced, and found under all the Gold paint, It was Medium Ivy, over Light Ivy. Any way of telling why it was changed without the build sheet? It doesn't say on the window sticker. Would Kevin Marti have a copy of the build sheet. Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Johns Mustang out of Houston, TX. They worked with me until I got the right color carpet by sending me carpet samples to choose from. If you order the complete kit, you will automatically send the light Ivy gold carpet. Mike

Diesel Donna

My green interior is at least five shades! The loop pile carpet is dark moss green (The Paddock). The original unwarped dash pad is dark green. The metal is a medium to light green that I had repainted many years ago. The seats are two toned green. Headliner is light and door panels are dark. I was only unhappy with the windlace, it is an odd color to me, but I'm no concourse person either. It was the only green windlace that was available back when I put my car together.

~~~~Donna

390cs68rcode

somethingspecial said:
Johns Mustang out of Houston, TX. They worked with me until I got the right color carpet by sending me carpet samples to choose from. If you order the complete kit, you will automatically send the light Ivy gold carpet. Mike

John's Mustang is a good place if they have what you need.

Did you get a parts catalog from them? They have had 2 GREAT cars on the last 2 parts catalogs (both mine :grin: ).

Mustanglvr

Yes, I think I can speak for everyone here, that we are all very proud of Jason and his cars. I want to congratulate you again Jason on all the exposure your cars have gotten. I feel this is only the beginning for you. As far as I can tell, you keep all of them in emmaculate condition and I know they only put the best in magazines such as these. Way to go!!!!