• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Local Photo Contest

hookedtrout

Got my son entered in a local photo contest and the voting is today only so I'm looking to get him a few votes so his picture makes it on the local broadcast Sunday night. If you have time go here and vote for photo number 1, my son with the elk he got this fall.

http://www.jaredscottoutdoors.com/training.html

Thanks

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Voted. That's a big elk!

What's with the little girl biting the head off a fish? :wink:

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Thanks guys, his elk made 7th all time in the state of Idaho Pope and Young (archery), it's the biggest elk the official measurer has seen in a long time, he was impressed, probably not as much as his dad was but impressed none the less.

I'm actually headed down to Twin Falls Idaho tomorrow to a banquet where he entered it in another contest. This is the second elk he's placed in the record books. He's quite the hunter, says he learned it all from me but I've never got anything even comparable to what he's done so that would be a stretch.

No idea on the girl biting the head off the fish? Hungry I guess, doc did tell me I needed to eat more fish this last visit, maybe I need to talk with this girl? I probably touch as many or more fish in a year than most and I never eat them.

Northern Pony

Voted, hope it helps, and that is a big Elk, lot's of sausage.

Will be going up and down I15 this spring, should try and arrange a beer or something. PM me.
BoB

Powell

I just voted, hope it helps. That rack is incredible, there are lots of "Trophy Hunters" out there that would pay big bucks for that.
Good luck.
Ralph

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Looks like you can still vote today, someone told me that Thursday was the only day but I just went in from my home PC and it let me vote so anyone else that hasn't voted feel free.

Thanks.

obwan93001

Darn, I just saw this thread and missed voting, sorry but hope your boy made it on the broadcast, I'm sure he did what, with that ginormous elk he nailed! Nice job, I've lived in SoCal my entire life and the wildest game I ever caught was a nice buzz off some Wild Turkey! I do want to get back to fishing again has been too long although seems like the licenses to do so have gone way up in price so we'll see. Cory, you sound like my late maternal grandfather. He spent his whole life in south TX and was an avid fisherman BUT NEVER ate any fish. Somewhere I have a pic of me, my sis and G-pa, after he'd taken us fishing w/him, with a bunch of fish we, well, he caught when we visited one summer back in the early '70s. Good thing I can't find a scan of it right now cuz it was such a long trip back to my grandparent's home that I peed my pants and forgot about it when my folks snapped the pic of us. :embarass: At least my "store wasn't open". Haahahha.

In regards to that lil girl munching on that fish, perhaps she is a big fan of Ozzy Osbourne? :icon_lol:

Oscar

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Well Oscar if you ever get out near St. Anthony, Idaho in the summer make sure and let me know and I'll get ya out fishing at a minimum. We could even enhance it with some Wild Turkey if it felt right. ;-)

My son didn't make the cut on the local news photo show but he can't complain, he entered a bucks and bull contest and raked in about 2K in prizes, lucky little $#!^.