• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang - Forty Years Book

PFSlim

I don't know if anyone else has this book or not. Our good friend Brian B. let us borrow the Mustang - Forty Years book. Book is written by Randy Leffingwell and photography by David Newhardt. It is a large white book. In it, there is pretty much a chapter dedicated to Cal Spec and HCS.

I was wondering if anyone knows who's cars are in the pictures. There is a blue one, just like the color of ours - very nice. Also a nice black with white stripe. The HCS is red with a black stripe and black vinyl top - also very nice.

Paul

Joes68

Paul,
I have the book you're talking about. Those are really good looking cars.
I looked through the book to see if I could find any info you're looking for and all I could find was the names of at least 50 people or so under the acknowledgements in the front of the book. It says the book is a result of these car enthusiasts and collectors that opened their garages and allowed them to take the photos of their cars.
Don't know if any of the names listed in the acknowledgements can be matched to the registry or not.
I bought the book at the Peterson Auto Museum in Los Angeles and it was worth the 50 bucks I spent for sure.
Ron

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Ron

I agree. The book is worth the money. Someday soon I will need to give this book back to Brian B. (along with everything else I have borrowed from him) and I will miss it. The pictures are outstanding - especially of those blue cars that look like ours!!

I am curious to know if Paul N. has seen the book and if he knows some of the sames in the book???

Paul

Mustanger

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2204;start=0#msg15041 date=1128621735]
Did you meet the person? Do you know if they are in the registry or members of this site??

Paul
[/quote]

Unfortunely no, he wasn't by his car at the time; however, in the gallery in an earlier car show, you'll see he has one of the older CS stickers (1 of 4025) on his window (I think it's on the rear quarter, driver side) ;).

Mustanger

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2204;start=0#msg15023 date=1128610070]
I don't know if anyone else has this book or not. Our good friend Brian B. let us borrow the Mustang - Forty Years book. Book is written by Randy Leffingwell and photography by David Newhardt. It is a large white book. In it, there is pretty much a chapter dedicated to Cal Spec and HCS.

I was wondering if anyone knows who's cars are in the pictures. There is a blue one, just like the color of ours - very nice. Also a nice black with white stripe. The HCS is red with a black stripe and black vinyl top - also very nice.

Paul
[/quote]

This book is very nice, I actually bought the paperback edition and gave it to my Mustang friend for his B-day in July. The paperback edition is about 1/2 the cost of the hardback (although it's a little smaller) ;).

6t8-390gt

The photos of the black CS with white stripes convinced me to put the white "C" stripe on my black fastback.

The photography in the book is outstanding.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68Fan link=board=1;threadid=2204;start=0#msg15049 date=1128627961]
I really like the "Silver" paint around the Rear Lamp Assm. Nice touch.

[/quote]

that is the way they come, you have to paint them to make the body color if you replace them.

bbeatty

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=2204;start=0#msg15023 date=1128610070]
Our good friend Brian B. let us borrow the Mustang - Forty Years book. [/quote]

Hey, when am I going to get that back anyway? ;)

That really is a great book but I didn't want to pay the $50 the first time I saw it at a bookstore.

So I went to Amazon.com and purchased it used for $12.50. There's a bunch of them for sale right now for as little as $11.00. The $11 ones are classified as being in "Good" condition.

Just to prove I'm not a cheap b*stard, I sprung for the extra $1.50 and bought the one classified as “Very Good”. And it was. It looked good as new. ;D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/of...35?_encoding=UTF8&startIndex=0&condition=used

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Brian B.

Since I just now ordered my own copy, you can have it back!!! That was really cool. I ordered the Very Good condition as well. Total price plus shipping was $16.50.

I look foward to having the book. Brian - we need to get together again soon so I can return stuff.

Paul