• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tire chains for gt/cs

imported_tree

could someone tell me the correct style for tire chains so that they dont rub on my inner fender walls.

just joking guys , it snowed here last night and i was bored so i thought asking a stuiped question like this, I could get a few laughs for those of you in sun country across the border. have a geat day TERRY;;;;;;;; ;D

rvrtrash

Actually, when I bought mine the wheel wells had been beat to a pulp by tire chains and took a lot of careful hammering and welding to make them right again! :'(
It now sits up on jack stands all winter in a heated garage with a car cover over it.
Steve

Diesel Donna

We in Southern California don't have a lot of use for snow chains, but we do have rain chains.

You have to make them yourself.You connect a whole lot of those little rubber suction cups together, or you can have them punched into the tread like the old snow studs.

You can purchase the suction cups at any craft store like Michael's. Be sure to call ahead to order them in such a large volume.

Rain Chains sure keep us from sliding off those freeways that have months of oil build up on the surface! ;)

~~~~donna ;D

sam

[quote author=TheBlkPearl link=board=1;threadid=2346;start=0#msg16303 date=1131241484]
Spring is just around the corner ;D
[/quote]

sam

winter tire chains are outlawed on Mustang California Specials

hookedtrout

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=2346;start=0#msg16309 date=1131250768]
I can't see why someone couldn't bolt a set of those 'ol "105 Series" on their GT/CS! I want photos!!

http://www.mattracks.com/html/product_information__brochure.htm

Good for Idaho Snow, or the beaches of Malibu, Duuuude!!

8)
[/quote]

I've taken a ride in a vehicle equipped with these. Yellowstone NP has vans equipped with the tracks and they were telling us about the engineer that came up with them, it was his 9 year old son that actually came up with the idea and his dad made it a reality, I think the sons name was Mat.

Coy

68gt390

Cory;
When I was still in the military we used this same setup on our vehicles we used up in Alaska when traveling out to our detachments. Slow process but, it works very well. We also always had very dark tint on all windows to help fight snow blindness as well as each person being issued 2 pairs of sunglass' as standard equipment.

Don 8)

390cs68rcode

I don't think I have ever even seen a set of tire chains or snow tires. Did I mention it was 87 degrees here the last 2 days? 8)

rvrtrash

Nobody likes you anymore! ;D It's been in the 40's and raining for about a week here.
Steve