• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS on ebay

68gt390

The GT/CS is all of a sudden all over ebay. Check out this listing. They are advertising it as a GT car. Strange it is a "C" code 289 2V although add says car is now a 4V, no GT rear valance and center console. Car doesn't look bad. Engine bay needs some work but overall not a bad looking car. With all the people I see lately asking about and wanting to buy a GT/CS I would most definitely get a Marti Report before any purchase. I've seen several GT/CS's advertised now as GT cars and they are not.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ory=6236&item=2475597086&rd=1&sspagename=WDVW

Don ::)

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=890;start=0#msg4912 date=1082769502]
They are advertising it as a GT car. Strange it is a "C" code 289 2V although add says car is now a 4V, no GT rear valance and center console.

[/quote]
No they're not. They say right up front it's a C code 289 They nowhere say this is a GT/CS with the GT package.

RB

Yes I am checking that one out too! Let me know if you get the Marti report. I got one on the Meadowlark Yellow CS and it does have California Special listed as an option. Will post more info about the Meadowlark Yellow on my thread.
Ron

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=66 Dearborn HCS link=board=1;threadid=890;start=0#msg4918 date=1082783760]
[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=890;start=0#msg4912 date=1082769502]
They are advertising it as a GT car. Strange it is a "C" code 289 2V although add says car is now a 4V, no GT rear valance and center console.

[/quote]
No they're not. They say right up front it's a C code 289 They nowhere say this is a GT/CS with the GT package.
[/quote]

Scott;
I contacted the seller's last night in regards to the 4bbl. They replied and told me the car has a 2bbl on it and that they would change their add. Seems very misleading to me, they also state the car has GT center caps. They don't say anywhere the car is a "C" code. The only way you know it's a "C" code 289 is from the VIN number they show. The add in my "Opinion" implies it's a GT. For someone not knowledgeable of these cars it would leave a lot open to interpratation.

Don

bigskygt

Nice car, but I question the Original Marchals? They seem to be too close together and mounted on posts instead of the grill mounts and seem very different than the marchals I've seen.No chrome eyebrow. No hood locks (hood may have been replaced tho) I love the CS, they are kind of the mustang mystery car.

Sarge

I agree with BigSky on the Marchals. If this car was indeed originally sold on April 6, it should have come with the Marchals, but then they were recalled, so it may have been upgraded. These don't look like the Lucas lights either...

Robert

deestix

Not a bad looking car; I would be most concerned about the non-original looking fog lamps, and the lack of hood locks. No picture underhood to see if the hood lock brackets are there.
Of course, the only sure bet is a Marti Report. When I bid on several cars last year, I paid the $17 PLUS a $10 rush fee. It was (and in my opinion is) well worth the $27 to know if it's legit before you place a single bid.

The 4-speed is real nice. It's the one thing I wish my GT/CS had.

darb

The exhaust tips were switched as well...

It seems interesting that the hood locks are not installed, suggesting that the hood was replaced. Being that the fog lights are wrong and too close together, it could suggest some front end damage?

It's still a nice and clean CS.

Brad