• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Show Boards: What information do you put?

classicsguy

Any of you who have Show Boards for car shows; What information do you put in those boards? The history of the GT/CS? The specific information about engine, transmission etc. The Marti report?
Please post your comments so I can get some ideas for mine when its ready.

case12

I use the Elite Marti Report, and the Dealer Brochure framed (discussed in the site before). Both confirm to anyone wondering what it is. I also keep a "book" of items for people to view (original build sheet, original warranty cards, original manual, original 68 magazine ads, SAAC articles announcing the CS - etc, also to confirm the authenticity of the CS). Casey

390cs68rcode

I use the Elite Marti Report, and the Dealer Brochure framed (discussed in the site before). Both confirm to anyone wondering what it is. I also keep a "book" of items for people to view (original build sheet, original warranty cards, original manual, original 68 magazine ads, SAAC articles announcing the CS - etc, also to confirm the authenticity of the CS). Casey

Ditto for me

quicknick

I did the same thing as Casey. I framed my dealer brochure and printed the owner information at the bottom. It looks great and explains all.

Midnight Special

...I do one of these for each car w/ a color copy of the Marti report laminated to the reverse side. There is also a folded t-shirt on the seat w/ same info...

Attachments

• jayscal-e.jpg
    jayscal-e.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 41

case12

...I do one of these for each car w/ a color copy of the Marti report laminated to the reverse side. There is also a folded t-shirt on the seat w/ same info...

Hey Tim - nice board! When discussing with people it is 3867 for the CS and 251 for the HCS. Total 4118. I figure you know that, and talk to both with your board. Just fyi'ing others on the site. Casey

hotrodgrany

Any of you who have Show Boards for car shows; What information do you put in those boards? The history of the GT/CS? The specific information about engine, transmission etc. The Marti report?
Please post your comments so I can get some ideas for mine when its ready.

Here are three that I use for car shows and were designed by Charlie Smith of Mustangcard.com

Attachments

• Kathy_sign1.gif
    Kathy_sign1.gif
    65.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Kathy_sign2.gif
    Kathy_sign2.gif
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Kathy_sign3.gif
    Kathy_sign3.gif
    75.9 KB · Views: 27

hotrodgrany

Hay Tim, what about something like this for my for my 07 GT/CS, just in case I want to show it off besides my 04. I can give you the info for this to. just email me. OK

P

PNewitt

If anyone would like to quote a line, sentance, numbers or even a photo from either my 1989 or 1996 books, you may do so for your display board(s).

All I ask is that you just include the following at the bottom, in small type:

Source: "GT/CS Recognition Guide & Owner's Manual" by Paul M. Newitt
© 1989, 1996"

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

If anyone would like to quote a line, sentance, numbers or even a photo from either my 1989 or 1996 books, you may do so for your display board(s).

All I ask is that you just include the following at the bottom, in small type:

Source: "GT/CS Recognition Guide & Owner's Manual" by Paul M. Newitt
© 1989, 1996"

Paul N.

If anyone wants to quote my engine/transmission combos from the website may do so without prior approval from me.

please include this sentence on your show board:

Source: www.californiaspecial.com thread titled "Want to know how many CS/HCS's came with what kind of motor and transmission?" 12/9/05 author Jason Stevens 390cs68rcode.

:grin:

P

PNewitt

If anyone wants to quote my engine/transmission combos from the website may do so without prior approval from me.

please include this sentence on your show board:

Source: www.californiaspecial.com thread titled "Want to know how many CS/HCS's came with what kind of motor and transmission?" 12/9/05 author Jason Stevens 390cs68rcode.

:grin:

I think, Jason, if you wrote a book, you'd understand and appreciate the value of a (hard earned) copyright. I didn't post my offer to be flip or elitist; I offered it ONLY for people who might be unsure about putting words from my book on a sign. I've been asked about this over the years more than once.

A little respect goes a long way, you know.

Paul N.

rvrtrash

I didn't take Jason's post as being disrespectful of you Paul. When I first read it, I took it as he was just giving permission to use his work, as you did. As I recall, Jason invested a lot of his time and money to get these numbers, which benefit us all, and then graciously posted them for all to see. Just my .02 .

Steve

GTCSMustang

The question of who owns what data got me to thinking about the production numbers for GT/CS (and all Mustangs for that matter). The only credible numbers come from Kevin Marti as far as I know. Who owns them? Kevin or Ford?

Paul, I look forward to quoting you from your new book. Any update on when it will be available?

Scott