• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Custom Exhaust and C4 Pictures

davidathans

This week my transmission had to be rebuilt again (high gear clutches were toast and rear band replaced). At the same time I upgraded the tranny pan to a deep aluminum pan. I got some nice pictures of the deep aluminum pan and the exhaust system that had to come off to get out the driveshaft and transmission.

This is a really good exhaust system that was custom built by LaBree Motorsports in the San Fernando Valley. If anyone wants to take a peek im in the gallery now on the 4th page...the new pictures are on the 9th page in my gallery.

David Athans

Mustanger

Nice pics, cool car 8) ... how long have you owned it?? Do you drive it everyday, or is it more of a weekend driver (or do you now reserve it for racing ... looks fast!!!).
Hey maybe you and Bluto should hook up and take your cars down the strip, and see who's faster ;).

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Thanks Mustanger....here's a short history about the car...
In 1988, the second owner Walt Laughlin, couldn't get a loan from the bank on his credit/salary alone to buy a house from my dad. When my dad mentioned to the loan officer at the bank that Walt was willing to sell to my dad his california special, the loan officer at the bank said "wow this guy is really serious about getting the loan, because he's willing to give up his california special to get it" so the loan officer granted him the loan because he gave up his GTCS...isnt that a cool story...the loan officer knew at that time how special the car is....well from there the car sat on my dad's lot because noone drove it for over 10 years! When i turned 15 and 1/2 and got my permit to drive..we spent about $2000 to get the car running. The car has been mine since 2000 or 2001, but its been in the family since 1988. This is my first car and my only car so yes it was an everyday driver...but lately the gas has been to expensive to drive it everyday so i find myself driving a 1990 toyota cressida with A/C whenever im not driving the mustang.

So now its more of a weekend driver/race car, but the only thing stopping me from driving it everyday is the gas prices and the summer heat...and when its in the shop like right now getting a new trans. I typically drive it to reward myself for good grades in school or Acing a test or something...or taking out a beautiful girl :)

Who's Bluto and what does he have in his mustang?
When im at the track im running high 12s, it would be fun to race this fellow if he's got something fast.

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Well Bluto is Blown...he might easily have 100 to 200 more horsepower than me..also i dont know if he is squeezing too that might be another 100-200hp..so that thing might be a monster. I wrote him in that link you posted to ask him more about his engine but i got no reply. This is what i wrote...

I too have a 347 but i left it N.A. and have AFR185 heads with only a 670 cfm 4 barrel holley. Im making 400 engine horsepower. How much power are you making out of your 347 with the blower? To the wheels? 9.0 compression? How many pounds of boost? Intercooler? How much did you spend on just the paxton? How much on the intercooler?

If he's in palm springs then the only time we'd be close enough to race is in Fontana at California Speedway. The only thing about racing there though is that you are placed in groups of 50 because there is literally 500 cars trying to race. So you only get about 2 passes and it would be doubtful that I could race against him...although he'd be faster anyways. If he wants to trailer his car all the way out to LACR, we could race against eachother for sure, but thats a long drive....

David

Mustanger

[quote author=davidathans link=board=1;threadid=1941;start=0#msg12949 date=1122651930]

If he's in palm springs then the only time we'd be close enough to race is in Fontana at California Speedway. The only thing about racing there though is that you are placed in groups of 50 because there is literally 500 cars trying to race. So you only get about 2 passes and it would be doubtful that I could race against him...although he'd be faster anyways. If he wants to trailer his car all the way out to LACR, we could race against eachother for sure, but thats a long drive....

David
[/quote]

How about Irwindale? The Irwindale Speedway is off the 605 and just south of the 210. I know they have several racing events (including some "Monster Garage" shoots), but they also have drag racing open to the public, especially now that Pomona isn't open to the public anymore.