• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Chrome in the dome march 2010

Mosesatm

I've been to one show in I.F. at Tauphus Park several years back, again I didn't enter and most of the time I don't even drive the Mustang down I take the comfort cars, don't know why, guess I just don't see my car as a show piece I just go to enjoy seeing other peoples cars. The times that I enjoy the Mustang physically are with the kids, taking them to ball practice or games, or just quick runs to town to pick up something, that's when I enjoy the car. I do think if it were restored I'd be more inclined or tempted to go spend a day at a show in the park if I had a day to kill.

I may be a little (or a lot) weird but I'd rather look at unrestored or in-progress cars than perfectly restored cars. If they are perfectly restored I catch myself looking for flaws and picking the cars apart, but if they are road-weary like mine I look past the imperfections and take in the car as a whole.

Besides, our cars are rare enough and cool enough they don't need to be perfectly restored to be of interest to people.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

well just a few weeks to go, and i'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

007P51

I agree, especially in Houston when it's 95 degrees and 90% humidity.

I'd rather drop off the car, look around and chat for an hour, go do something else, then come back at the end of the show and get the car.

But in this Car/Bike show, U & your RIDE stay INSIDE...Perfect conditions. All Mustangs -BE THERE!

hookedtrout

But in this Car/Bike show, U & your RIDE stay INSIDE...Perfect conditions. All Mustangs -BE THERE!

Once I've walked through, seen all the cars, taken a few pictures, visited with a few owners, I'm ready to move on. I don't want to have to stay there the rest of the day and the following day. Just don't have the patience I guess, I like to see the cars, take them in, visit with the owners and go cast a few flies to some unsuspecting Cutthroat Trout while sipping a Fat Tire. I'll show my car at the local gas station while I'm filling it up, it only takes a few minutes and if they are interested they can take it for a spin around the block...if there's no trout calling my name.

More of a quietly take it all in person than a show off what I have kind of person I guess. I'm glad there are those that like to show their cars or I wouldn't get the chance to spend the couple of hours taking it all in, it's just not for me, not sure how else to explain it but it just doesn't interest me to be stuck in the dome for two days...two hours, maybe. ;-) See you guys Saturday, good luck on any trophys they may be giving out, I hope the CS's show well.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

no problem cory, i don't hit all of the shows, but some of them are fun.
some like park city have perks.
50 of us got to take our cars out on miller motor sports track in tooele utah.
it was rrrreeeeeaaaalllllllyyyyyy fun. well......... till your brakes get too hot......
it took a little practice to learn to take it easy on the brakes.
on the dirt track i didn't have to use the brakes much.
but make sure you say hello when you drop by the show.

by the way have you tried moose drool????

hookedtrout

I will certainly be looking to stop by and say hi, that's the biggest reason I'm going, so I can see you guys and your cars, the rest will just be a little icing on the cake.

Yes sir, I've tried Moose Drool, I prefer a little less dark with most things but there are times I like a good dark beer.

hookedtrout

Spent the afternoon with my son at "Chrome in the Dome". Met JBart, Amy, Randy and I think it was Heather...hope I got that right Randy, you took off before I got back to spend some time with you. Looked like they were having a lot of fun and their cars looked great. Got an up close introduction to the Super CS and Amy's beautiful black 08 CS. Randy's 68 was polished and doing a fantastic job of representing the originals. I did get Randy's book signed for him. The only draw back is I couldn't go for a ride in any of them. Best of luck to you guys on taking in some trophys.