• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hot August Nights auction

rananim

As an update, I did get my car into the auction area and it will up on the block on Sunday. No problems and glad that it passed smog test, but it is on display way off in Lebanon (back area, with all other "Sunday" cars). Paul, I was not able to print out a decent photo of your book cover - could not even make out your name.
There was another CS (red/red) in excellent condition which will be up this evening. Hope it sells well, despite missing the weekend crowd. Next to it was a High Country Special with same colors, but not as nice. Anyone have info on these cars?
I would like to thank Tim O'Brian (Midnight Special) for making an eye-grabbing poster of my car. He put what I imagine to be a lot of work into it and would not take any compensation.
If anyone else from this site is at the auction on Saturday or Sunday, stop by and say hi.
Rananim

Doug

I have seen your car and I am sure that it will do well - it is one beautiful car. Someone is going to get a great car. Best of luck and keep us posted.

BroadwayBlue

Was just flipping through the auction brochure that came with my August Hemmings and your car is in there.

Nice covereage of it. A medium size picture on the same page with a Vette, Camaro and Cutlass. Nice pic of the car, hope you did well.

I'll try to scan in the page later and post it.

BroadwayBlue

Here is a scan of the page from the brochure.

Attachments

• 2007_Hot_August_Nights_Auction_Scan sm.jpg
    2007_Hot_August_Nights_Auction_Scan sm.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
R

rananim

back from auction

We're back from the auction. Top bid was $33K +8%(buyer's share of commission), but not quite what we were looking for, considering the commission we would be paying. Following the old line that a car is only worth what someone will pay, we did establish its value on that basis.
As always, it is fun to watch what cars go for and how things change from year to year. A lot of people felt that prices were low this year, but then anyone who is selling has high expectations. Our car did come in higher than several late 60's Stingrays - they couldn't get out of the $20k range.
The other CS, I am told, sold for $32k on Thursday night, and was gone by the time we returned on Saturday. I talked to the owner of the HCS, whose car followed the other, and he was disappointed in the low turn out that night. He was offered $22k for his, but it needed some work. I will try to attach photos of his car (red), along with mine.
I did get a lot of compliments and we all like that.
Rananim

Attachments

• IM000946.jpg
    IM000946.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IM000958.jpg
    IM000958.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IM000947.jpg