• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Should I charge $$ to join the GT/CS Registry?

Stacey Enderle

Registry fee

"IF" I stopped the registry....I think to be fair to the privacy of those who have registered their cars, to return their information and let them decide if they wanted to send it to a new registrar.

I already have someone in mind to take it over--if it should come to that. It takes a special person to run a registry--and it's something you need to learn. It just doesn't happen.

But I'm not talking about doing that right now...I just wanted feedback for this idea. I may or may not do it--it's my prerogative. There are many other Registries (and car associations) that charge a small fee. It's not uncommon. Over the years, I've had many people ask me if there is a charge to join.

PMN

I don't think it's a bad idea, even though, my car is already in the registry, I have to problem to send you $25.00 anyway for the all that work you've been putting in for your book. Just a bug in the ear, but I'm wondering after putting out the book. I know there's always going to be CS's coming out from the wood work for years to come. I wonder if there's a possibility of having a supplimentary section where you can add pages as the years go by and more of CS's are being registered. You'd have your main book and then the suppliment book where you can add pages. After a period of time if there's enough, volume two could be added without having the redo the main book and it'll save you tons of time. This is just a thought.

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

correction on "type-o"

I don't think it's a bad idea, even though, my car is already in the registry, I have to problem to send you $25.00 anyway for the all that work you've been putting in for your book. Just a bug in the ear, but I'm wondering after putting out the book. I know there's always going to be CS's coming out from the wood work for years to come. I wonder if there's a possibility of having a supplimentary section where you can add pages as the years go by and more of CS's are being registered. You'd have your main book and then the suppliment book where you can add pages. After a period of time if there's enough, volume two could be added without having the redo the main book and it'll save you tons of time. This is just a thought.

Stacey
" I have to problem to send you $25.00 " should be " I have NO problem to send you $25.00"

Stacey Enderle

I second that motion.

Good Grief! I am surprised at all the venom this subject has brought out and how it seems to have migrated into a contest between the site and the registery. I appreciate both and am particularly glad to see Paul's regular contribution to the site with information and the help he has given me, individually. I'm still trying to figure out the outrage at the $25 fee for registrations (future ones at that); is it the money or principle? As much as I believe in doing something for the "love of it," I also believe that there should be some sort of compensation for hard work that is well beyond that notion. The books will help tell the story of our cars (and possible value), but I don't think that they will make Paul any money - there just aren't enough potential buyers. If being in the registery isn't worth anything, why would we go to the trouble of sending in the information; I know it isn't to help Paul out! I will be glad to fork over the $25, despite being grandfathered in. Put a pry bar on those wallets!
Sven

I agree with Sven. Even though, I'm strapped for money a lot, but I sure as heck won't throw a hissy-fit over a $25.00 registration fee. When the money's available, I'm more than happy to put in my contribution. Just say the word Paul and I'm more than happy to send you $25.00. Since I had a nice wind fall bonus at my job, I can include the $25.00 along with the $100.00 for your book. :grin:

Stacey

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Stacey...

I appreciate your ideas and support.

I have thought of a supplement to the main book....of new registrations after 2008 (both '68 and 2007-09 cars.

There are over 14,000 new GT/CS cars out there....with another 7K for 2009.

This could go on forever....AAHH!!

Paul.

Stacey Enderle

supplement book

Hi Stacey...

I appreciate your ideas and support.

I have thought of a supplement to the main book....of new registrations after 2008 (both '68 and 2007-09 cars.

There are over 14,000 new GT/CS cars out there....with another 7K for 2009.

This could go on forever....AAHH!!

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yup! A supplement book is in dire need after you get this main book published. No ifs, ands, nor buts about that. :grin:

Stacey

green56

Paul do you have any california special decals if you do I would like to order one also is their going to be a fender decal when book comes out?