• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Project Taillights

Mosesatm

Has anyone dealt with Mustang Project lately? They seem to have stiffed me on an order. Won't return phone calls or emails. Just wondering if they are normally this slow or if something is up.

If they don't respond soon the Texas Attorney General will be my next step to charge them with theft.

joedls

I know when I ordered from them, it took a while to get my taillights shipped. Once I got ahold of someone on the phone, he was very helpful. But until then, I was very frustrated. Their communication skills could use some work.

case12

I think it might be just two guys and a dog in a garage - so, maybe he is not available from time to time. When I called and got him, he was very helpful. Is this the number you are using: 512-260-8015. Casey

nfrntau

I didn't have any problem with them either Arlie. After I received the tail lights I spoke to a guy (don't remember his name) regarding the led back up lights. He didn't have them in production yet but true to his word when he did they showed up at the door.
I can't tell you any of it works yet but I am hopeful.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

According to my wife the taillights showed up today.

I'll never deal with these clowns again. It's a shame that customer service has completely gone to hell in this country and we all just put up with it.

tworings

I ordered a sequential light kit on the internet last Sunday. I called today to check the status and was told by Mike that they had been waiting for a part which they expect today so they should be able to ship today or early next week and I should have by end of next week. They did answer the phone right away and were very nice & helpful (one of the other parts we ordered was the wrong one). So hopefully my parts will arrive next week as promised.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

They probably had the Molly Hatchet turned up too loud in the shop when I called.

69convert

they were a little slow with my order but it did get here and the lights are great.
I got the impression it was a small outfit when I ordered.
To bad companies don't realize a little communication goes a long way. Most people just want to be informed.

rvrtrash

Mosesatm said:
They probably had the Molly Hatchet turned up too loud in the shop when I called.
Flirtin' with Disaster. Forgot about that one.
Steve

gt bandit

Led

Arlie ,

your taillights from mustang project , were they LED sequential or no sequential.

did they make a massive improvement or marginal improvement?

i am ordering from OZ , so i want to be clear about this purchase.

cheers Shaun

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

They are ok but not life-changing.

Since they are on a board they illuminate straight back so the light does not bounce off the existing reflectors at all. If your reflectors are in good shape and your sockets are not corroded I don't really see a reason to spend the money on LEDs, except for the sequential option.

Mine are non-sequential and I still do not like how slow they flash. The old flasher is going back in this weekend.

case12

Shaun, I love the Mustang Projects sequential lights (they are LED). They are bright and everyone loves them. Have a friend who bought a set for his 68 Shelby 350 convertible after he saw mine. They take 30 minutes to install (or less if you are fast with a screw driver).

....at least that is my experience with them. Casey

gt bandit

done; I have ordered a set- plastic money is just so handy isn't it !!

plus just had a win on the horses at Royal Ascot in England , which has paid for them.
lets see how fast they can ship down under
now i must get some sleep

BroadwayBlue

You can get them sequential or non-sequential.

I contacted them and they said same price either way just let them know if you want non-sequential since it's not an order option online.