• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gold Nugget Special on eBay

Mosesatm

Here is the response from a person who has a gold '68 Mustang on eBay. Check out the DSO.

"the door tag reads
5A Y5 2Y 05A 74 1111 21
i HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP"

Here's the link

From the auction:
"For the record it is a nice 289 4 speed that was produced in San Jose and shipped to Seattle the color is nugget gold"

If anyone is going to bid on this car please PM me.

Thanks

CougarCJ

Careful, Not a factory 4 speed

Door tag has a Transmission code "1", which is a 3 speed manual.

To be a 4 speed, the code would need to be "5".

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I can take more photos if someone is interested. Are you bidding on this, Arlie?

No, I'm not bidding on it, (I'd need to sell one first) but if someone from this site was bidding I was going to hold off responding to the owner. It's all moot now that he posted the data plate numbers. Looks like I gave him too much information!

hookedtrout

Nice comments in his repost for the help he received from Arlie I assume. That's the power of positive help in tearing these cars apart that I occassionally refer too rather than the negative help.

So what's this car worth in the big scheme of things having the GN Special?

Cory