• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford to save the Wild Mustangs

Mustanglvr

The Ford Motor Company is teaming up with the U.S. Government to rescue thousands of wild mustangs. Ford feels the wild mustang is also an American icon. Go to www.savethemustangs.org for more information. Your donation would help keep these horses from going to slaughter. :)Rhonda

hookedtrout

Think if I contacted them and told them I had a wild Mustang that needed a little saving they would send some money my way? ::)

That's pretty cool and what a perfect fit Ford saves the Mustang.

Hook

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

I suppose it would be worth a try, but don`t be surprised if they tell you to go away. LOL

meadowsdk28

I made my donation. When I was stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado with the vaunted 4th Infantry Division (the guys that got Saddam) I had the opportunity to set up ranges for M1 tanks, Bradleys and their dismounted infantry squads. Many times I would find myself miles from nowhere and isolated from the world (which makes a great story once when I lifted a tank target to find several very ticked off prairie rattlers. Did you know it's true that a rattler will strike at the first thing they see move, in this case a flying clawhammer to their head?) in some of the most beautiful country god created. Anyway, one morning I was fueling the generator on my farthest southern target when I heard a rumbing. I turned around to find 12 wild Mustangs on the move and flying low. It was a sight that will forever be burned into my memory. Totally awesome. I felt as though I'd stepped back in time 100 years. It made me feel alive and once again rejuvenated the spirit of why I had spent so many years of my adult life sacrificing my body, mind and spirit for such a great country. They are true symbol of what America is all about.

hcsstang

Ford not only made a donation to save the mustangs Ford also donated three million to the visitors center in Gettysburg. The donation will be used to build classrooms at the new battlefield facility. The foundation wants 75 million before ground is broken and they are starting it this year. ::)

hotrodgrany

There ia also a place near Rapid City, South Dakota that does something simular to this, as My husband was there and took many pictures and someplace I have information on this. Do you know anything about this Rhonda?

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

There ia also a place near Rapid City, South Dakota that does something simular to this, as My husband was there and took many pictures and someplace I have information on this. Do you know anything about this Rhonda?

I can`t say I have. Have`nt been out that way in years.
I`ll have to look for it on the net.

hotrodgrany

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Ha, my husband is from there. We did`nt realize it was there. Great site and great cause.