• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS 390 Auto GT Aqua (Black vinyl top)

68CaliSp

Gents,

With the new addition to my family back in 2016 I have found that I do not have the time to enjoy the CS like I used to. This car deserves more attention than I can give, and I think it is time to allow someone else the pleasure of owning her. This is Jason's Gulfstream Aqua CS which has been a topic here many times in the past. She is an absolute beauty of a car and still turns heads wherever I drive her. If you would like additional / better pictures please let me know. If you are interested please PM me first and then we can change over to e-mail / phone. I will be posting for sale adds on a couple other sites and will have it for sale locally as well.

In the last couple of months I have had the low compression issue fixed with a rebuild of the upper half of the block. This car is 100% different and runs like she should. I had the heads pulled, cleaned and milled. All of the internals were replaced with new parts, guides, seats, valves, retainers and springs. In the process of pulling the heads I could not find the definitive VIN stamp on the motor. However, when looking at the date codes on each head and the layout of the manifold bolt pattern I confirmed that the car has an original set of GT heads. This information confirms that the motor is most likely the original, making it a numbers matching car. The information about my heads can be found here.

Options:
California Special, Black Vinyl Roof, Canadian Non-Emission system, GT Equipment Group, C-6, Console, Power Disk Brakes, Power Steering, AM Radio, Interior Decor Group, Wide Oval Tires, (added-mini TAC, modern AC compressor and Polyglas tires).

Attachments

• DSC_0269.jpg
    DSC_0269.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC_0270.jpg
    DSC_0270.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC_0271.jpg
    DSC_0271.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC_0272.jpg
    DSC_0272.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC_0276.jpg
    DSC_0276.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC_0274.jpg
    DSC_0274.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC_0277.jpg
    DSC_0277.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC_0279.jpg
    DSC_0279.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC_0280.jpg
    DSC_0280.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 371
  • marti.jpg
    marti.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
OP
OP

68CaliSp

All,

I've dropped the price a little. I will be listing this locally through the Mustang Club as well. I am open to input and offers, so let me know!

Cameron

franklinair

RE: the low compression issue. An old school remedy was to fill the tank with Amoco high test gas and take the car on a few hour drive at highway speed (60-70MPH). Then recheck your compressions- you may be pleasantly surprised. (An inexpensive valve job.)

Neil

PS: The car is a BEAUTY. (So many cars, so little time.)

08gtcslady

The car is gorgeous;). Wish i would hit the powerball last week...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim

Why sell such a beautiful car? I'd put the rugrat up for adoption! :rofl:

GT/CS S Code

It amazes me that your big block car hasn't sold yet? Like the other poster above I wish I'd won this weeks 649 lottery so that I could have a matching pair of big block GT/CS's in our garage ... one with a 4 speed and one with an automatic!

stangfan

This is the car that I spoke with the original owner about when I was topping up the tank on my GT/CS a couple of years ago at the Shell station. You could tell he loved the cars. He only sold his as he wasn't driving it enough and it was just sitting in his garage. Very nice car. I'd love to own it.

stangfan

Well, first off, it's Candy Apple Red, and I love it way too much to sell. Secondly, my 7-Up is going to my daughter as I have a Ruby Red 2018 Premium GT coming. No room for a third Mustang.

OP
OP

68CaliSp

TRD_OKC - I cannot message you back because you do not allow them. Please send me another private message with your email and I will write back. Yes; this car is still for sale.

Cameron