• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pigeon Forge MCA Show

rjw

Anyone going to the Pigeon Forge MCA show this weekend besides me? I believe we will see one or two California Specials there.
Richard

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Well, I just arrived back from the show...about 350-375 Mustangs. Very nice show. One California Special: aqua, very, very nice car. One High Country Special (66) nice car but an unusual color green.

1966hcs

[quote author=rjw link=board=1;threadid=334;start=0#msg1757 date=1052099999]
One High Country Special (66) nice car but an unusual color green.
[/quote]

Hi, did you take any pictures at the show of the GT/CS and the HCS?

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Doug is correct. That web site is maintained by our club's webmaster who does a super job. I will have to check and see what pictures I can add.
Richard

68sunlitgold

Richard,
I apologize for not giving your club "Magic City Mustangs" credit for the pics and site. Your club webmaster did a great job!

Doug

PS. Sorry I missed your clubs show 2 weeks ago, was on a trip to bring my conviertible to the inlaws. How was it?

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Doug,
Magic City Mustangs (Birmingham,AL) had over 200 cars/trucks at our all Ford show on April 19. By all accounts, it was considered to be a huge success. In terms of the pictures that you noted, they are on our club webmaster's "personal" website, which is very expansive and includes many links to other sites. Sorry you missed the show, but maybe you can catch it next time. Next year I will try to inform the forum for all those near enough to come see our southern hospitality.
Richard

OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Okay, I found a few photos of the California Special that I took at the show. Finally reduced them to under 100K.
Richard

Attachments

• Copy_of_0001.jpg
    Copy_of_0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
rjw

rjw

Photos continued...

Attachments

• Copy_of_0002.jpg
    Copy_of_0002.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
rjw

rjw

One last photo...

Attachments

• Copy_of_0003.jpg
    Copy_of_0003.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
rjw

rjw

One last piece of information...they drove it over 600 miles to the show.

And 1966hcs, for your information, the High Country Special was the same color as your slide next to your name. Was it yours?

Richard

1966hcs

No, No, not mine, I’m in faraway Iceland and probably have the only 1966 HCS in Europe. Actually mine is not painted in the correct Timberline Green color (repainted in the 90’s). The doorjambs were not painted so they have the original color. I can’t tell from the picture from the show if it is an original Timberline Green, mine seems a bit darker. I haven’t decided yet which color I should choose when I repaint mine next summer the original Timberline Green or the new color. There are some photos of mine in the photo gallery and at http://www.mustang.is. I