• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Complete Electrical Failure

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Arlie, there should be a main power line that comes in for the stuff that has power if the key is off and another line or lines for stuff that only works when the key is on, plus all the individual outputs. From your original post, I gathered you had absolutely no power. One thing you can do if you think the problem is a short, with the battery disconnected, is take an ohm reading from the outputs of the fuses to ground. That will show you if you have a short on a circuit. With the power appearing and disappearing though, it sounds like a bad connection or broken wire. The places most likely are the wire at the starter solenoid, the connection at the fuse block, or there is a flat, 4 wire plug under the dash that carries the main power wire into the under-dash harness that might be loose or corroded. Good luck, and let us know what you find as you go along.

Steve

Bingo!!!

rvrtrash

Glad you found the problem. If I guess enough it looks like I'm giving good advice, right? :grin:

Steve

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'm sure for most of you this is a, 'Been there done that' image.

Attachments

• Fun Times.jpg
    Fun Times.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 24

franklinair

Yeah, but I usually remove the driver's seat to save my old backbone!!

Neil