-- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS


Old 04/24/2004, 07:30 PM   #1
BrandonB's Avatar

Joined: May 03
Posts: 292

Send a message via AIM to BrandonB
hose question

Ok what is this hose? where does it connect to? Im curious I just painted my air cleaner and I do not have a hose and Im curious as to where on or near the engine that hose connects to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air_cleaner_hose_thing.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	264  
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2004, 08:07 PM   #2
cannetny's Avatar
68 GT/CS - Acapulco Blue

Location: Long Island, NY
Joined: Apr 04
Posts: 28

Send a message via AIM to cannetny
My Garage
Re:hose question

I would have to look it up, but I think it goes to the oil breather valve on your valve cover.
cannetny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2004, 08:47 PM   #3
My Car Details
68gt390's Avatar
The car that became a diecast

Location: Columbus, Ohio
Joined: Feb 04
Posts: 2,021

Re:hose question

Your right on the money. It's part of the closed Crankcase Ventilation System. It connects to the air cleaner and then to your breather cap in the valve cover. It allows clean air to enter the crankcase.


68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This site created, owned and maintained by Jon Hanna - Copyright 1996-2011
All rights reserved. is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.