• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. ADMIN - New "prefix" option - Tag your thread as "1966-1968" or "2007+"

admin

Staff member
Administrator
ADMIN - New "prefix" option - Tag your thread as "1966-1968" or "2007+"

As part of the new forum upgrade & server move I've created a new option to "prefix" or tag/label your threads by year. When you create a new thread you'll now need to chose between "1966-1968", "2007+" or "All Years"

That way everyone will be able to see right away when they look at the list of threads which focus on Classics vs. Late Models. If you select "All Years" then the thread won't have a tag at all.

I'm trying this rather than split the forums up into Classic & Late Models. And the reason I don't want to do that is there will be many threads (like show announcements, general tech, etc.) that aren't year specific and would cause confusion as to which forum they would go in.

I'm hoping this tagging feature will help keep the community together in one forum, but allow everyone to quickly identify discussions related to their specific year.

P

PNewitt

Yeah, yeah, Jon, you work hard on the upgrade, and here comes the whiners! LOL!!!

...I think that the inclusion of 1966 for the prefix will confuse people. I know that you're including the 1966-67 HCS, but overall, that will confuse people that aren't knowledgeabale of the early HCSs.

Could you do 1968 only, and then a tag for HCS only?

Just a thought..

and...somehow, on my Mac, the message area to type this message in is now only 1" wide. Kinda tight--ya think??

..thanks for everything,
Paul N.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I debated about that myself. I changed it to just "1968" and then added a "1966-67 HCS". Hopefully that's not confusing to the 1968 HCS posters. We'll see how it goes and I can adjust as needed.

Paul, what browser are you using? I don't know anything 'bout 'dem Mac contraptions.

P

PNewitt

It's Internet Explorer 5.1
on my Mac G3 (B&W).

Antiquated, yes, but I'll be into Safari on the Mac Mini soon....

My friends say I'm ten years behind...a G3, and '94 Mustang GT. LOL!!

This typing in a narrow alleyway is weird. Three syllabal words are a nightmare.

Thanks for the prefix change. Works for me.

Doug

As part of the new forum upgrade & server move I've created a new option to "prefix" or tag/label your threads by year. When you create a new thread you'll now need to chose between "1966-1968", "2007+" or "All Years"

This is just perfect for me - and make sense as well. Doug